Saturn dev-kit on ebay

Thats an absolute ripp-off. If memory serves me right (iron chef) play asia had the exact same thing for $110.

Back on topic, ascii made a similar kit for the ps2 as well. I haven't touched basic since i used to meddle in qbasic years ago. I wonder how powerful the debugger is.

and I wouldn't call it dev kit. after all how much you can do with BASIC. Remember BASIC that came with almost all 8-bit personal computers in 80s? :p

I used have PC-8001, 8801SRII, FM-NEW7 and MSX2+ at that time... and made several programs - mainly graphic editors. You needed to program in assember on those things to get their full power but sadly I never learn assembler so I wouldn't know...

Only CartDev Rev.A, CartDev Rev.B or Psy-Q Dev system should be called Dev kits IMHO.

cheers

Originally posted by dj898@Sat, 2004-10-30 @ 12:31 AM

and I wouldn't call it dev kit. after all how much you can do with BASIC. Remember BASIC that came with almost all 8-bit personal computers in 80s?

Remember a company called Microprose? Remember their game Pirates! ?. I bet you didn't know it was largely written in Basic. The language says very little about the capabilities of the package. Even interpreted languages can be fast enough with a bit of library assistment.

I wonder what's the size limitation assuming it supports the direct save backup cart. And what's the point of Dev-Kit when you can only run on your Saturn - don't think it will allow one to burn CD-R or something... also don't think it will support Mirage since stock Saturn does not have VCD port only Dev Saturn...

You can distribute your programs to other Game Basic users, who can download and run it on their machines - vastly more useful than expensive junk collecting dust on a shelf, just used for bragging on forums.

how do you d'l outside Japan mate :D

or is it to call another user - assuming you can find someone with this same kit AND making program - and d/l thru phone wire... I'd like it support FDD so it will be easier...

if one can afford that surely they can afford FDD me think???

also what expensive junk? I paid 3000 yen for my CartDev Rev.B??? Don't think that was that expensive although it cost me more to source the documents/disc and etc... :(

I don't think this BASIC kit can be called Dev-Kit. That's like calling Playstation Net Yaroze as Dev-kit??? Sure it can be used for development but it has very limited usage since it will only run on another Yaroze.. same goes for this BASIC kit... How many do you know have BASIC kit and making program mate? :p

BTW I didn't brag mate... :/ Maybe Dev-kit is junk to you but to me collecting odd hardware is quite appealing... there're others with more Dev stuff so every time they talk about their gears I suppose they are bragging according to you??? anyway it doesn't matter coz if I want to brag I will put up web page listing all the expensive gears I have starting with Jaguar and Porsche I drive... :hehehe: ( and that's bragging...) :sleep:

with a daughter just turned 1 year old you kidding me mate? :D

I'd be lucky if I can catch 5 hours of sleep per day... :(

I haven't even played any of my games for last three months... :(

Sad really...

but it's all worth it when I see my daughter's smile... :)

still I'd love to do some dev work on my Saturn kit...

but before that I will have to sell few more hardwares inc. duplicate Dev-kits some time next year...

Originally posted by dj898@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 12:51 AM

with a daughter just turned 1 year old you kidding me mate? :D

I'd be lucky if I can catch 5 hours of sleep per day... :(

Nah, they sleep all the time when they're young.

Just wait until she gets out of having her afternoon nap. :blink:

but it's all worth it when I see my daughter's smile... :)

You're absolutely right there. :D

I haven't even played any of my games for last three months... :(

Sad really...

still I'd love to do some dev work on my Saturn kit...

but before that I will have to sell few more hardwares inc. duplicate Dev-kits some time next year...

I find that I get everything I want done in a day (almost) if I have about 4 hours of sleep a night. Unfortunatley even that isn't guarenteed any more as my four and a half year old is now tall enough to reach door knobs. :lol:

Originally posted by dj898@Sat, 2004-10-30 @ 05:20 PM

how do you d'l outside Japan mate

Using the included transfer cable.

BTW I didn't brag mate...

Of course not, you just feel the need to constantly bring up just which pieces of hardware you have rotting.

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 01:02 AM

I find that I get everything I want done in a day (almost) if I have about 4 hours of sleep a night. Unfortunatley even that isn't guarenteed any more as my four and a half year old is now tall enough to reach door knobs. :lol:

[post=122032]Quoted post[/post]​

yep just spend $400 for fence kits... and probably some more for other lock and what not... this baby business thing is expensive... <_<

cheers

Originally posted by SeGaFrEaK_NL@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 02:44 AM

It supports the FDD as well.

[post=122041]Quoted post[/post]​

well that's good news then.

somthing to hunt down on next business trip to Tokyo... :D

I love this hunting bit as it gives me an excuse to wonder around the part of Tokyo I normally wouldn't go...

Back