• Rise from your gwave!

Saturn Emu

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Shaneus, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Shaneus

Shaneus New Member

keep in mind it *was* posted on dcemu

see for urself

dont worry, i realise the (lack of) credibility of dcemu, but it sounds beleiveable(sp?) enough...

2. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

well, even if its not true, at least he makes it look like he might be telling the truth, unlike the "i have perfect dark running perfectly" n64 guy. i personally doubt this emu is for real, and dont see why you cant just buy a real saturn.

3. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

He probably already owns a saturn. I own a saturn (one of the greatest consoles I have ever owned, got it when it came out), but I wan't some good emu to come out. Why? Because I wana run my saturn games in high-rez, with better textures and all that stuff. No one has done it yet (except girigiri, but that emu's still very slow) but it will happen eventualy.

edit:

After looking over this new saturn emu for DC, I belivieve him, the creator only partialy. But one thought lingers in my head: Why did he take two screenshots from the left of the TV set, one from the middle, but none on the right side? Bad lighting conditions to, hmmm....

(Edited by Fabrizo at 7:05 am on Dec. 1, 2001)

4. Shaneus

Shaneus New Member

oh, i own a saturn, but i'm just interested to see how far they can push a saturn emu... that, and its a bitch to muck around with cables each time i wanna play Metal Slug ;)

but apparently (maybe even obviously) its a #### of a lot easier to emu a N64 than a Saturn, so i'm not liking the chances... :(

5. Shaneus

Shaneus New Member

bah, sorry ppls... is VERY fake (read the link to the forum)

apologies for this... hook, line and sinker :(

Mods (skank, arak, ice, whoever else ;)) feel free to lock this topic now

6. Curtis

Curtis Member

Bah, typicial DCemu lamness - go to www.dcvision.com instead. All the news and none of the crap.

7. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

i hate to say this, but i told you so. also, i didnt mean to criticize people for not owning saturns, i was just saying that if you really want to play saturns, its easier to plunk down the 30-40 bucks than to play on a crappy emu that runs at 60% speed on only a few games. And its fake anyway, so oh well.

8. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Did anyone else notice that in the pics of Tomb Raider supposedly "emulated" on the Dreamcast, in the top two pictures, the DC doesn't even appear to be ON?

9. herrgafgarion

herrgafgarion New Member

yeah the light isnt on on the dreamcast...first thing i noticed

10. BoBo

BoBo New Member

It is quite fake indeed, I heard it straight from John Henderson (guy behind the fake 64 emu). I was in the dcemu channel and he came in there and said that was fake and that there were gonna be a few more fake emus comin up on dreamcast, so if anything looks fishy, it is fake. Apparently he felt bad for what happened and his friend is behind the fake saturn and the fake emus comin up. So be on the lookout.

11. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Its realy to bad, this is the second fake saturn emu for the Dreamcast to be posted on DCemulation.com.

12. BoBo

BoBo New Member

Actually third, but who's counting really.

13. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

What was their other then Saturncast and this?

14. Gear

Gear New Member

That' what you deserve for believe in a guy who says: I will develop a saturn emu, just give me the N64 romz

15. Shentar

Shentar New Member

If anyone were ever to make a real Saturn emu for DC, if they're smart they would avoid criticism by not announcing it until they supply an at least semi-working version for people to download and use.