Saturn problems

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
I did a region mod yesterday for someone. Well today they basically told me "Oh, and I'm going to put a vcd card in my saturn". They also told me I had to move the switch. Well the problem with that was that it meant I had to redo the whole mod cause I had the wire lengths just right and everything. I go and redo the whole mod, get the switch moved and everything, power on the saturn.... and.... the green power light just blinks on and off. I knew this was bad so I shut it down. Checked a few things, turned it back on, and it does the same thing. So I proceed to undo all the mod work I've done, rebuild the saturn and test it, the power light stays on now, but there is no picture and only a buzzing noise is coming out of the speakers. Currently the system does not have any region jumpers set (so it shouldn't be able to play games without a 4in1), but I doubt that would cause the weird video/audio problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It's a model 2, with the 64pin IC cd board, and detached controller board.

On advise from lawrence, I tried re-doing hte region switch (he said he didn't think the saturn could boot with no region set), and now I'm back to the power turning off and on thing.... still looking for suggestions.

Edit: do you think it could be the switch? Like maybe it's bridging points inside teh switch? I was using a different switch yesterday when I had this thing working, and I can't for the life of me find my multimeter to check to see if any points are bridged.

Back