• Rise from your gwave!

Saturn RPGs

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Cloud121, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

Hmmm..... Shining the Holy Ark looks/sounds really great. PDS is just too #### expensive. SFIII I REALLY want!

What's Dragon Force like? Is Albert Odyssey any good (looks great to me!)? I have a Saturn Bootleg Sampler (Is it one of the original demo discs? it's dated 1995, and it has demos of Sega Rally, Clockwork Knight II, and World Series Baseball) it has a video of Mysteria on it. Is that an RPG? Looks like a Strategy RPG. What do you guys recommend for RPGs (don't say PDS and SFIII)

2. rcefiro

rcefiro New Member

Dragon Force is an awesome game, although pretty expensive. You can be one of 8 people (? not sure of how many) and you take control of a kingdom. You expand and attack other kingdoms. It's more of a strategy RPG. I would suggest looking into some of the FTPs to get PDS and SFIII because if you don't want to pay a log of money for these games, yet want them that's what I would do. Luckily I got them when they came out so I don't have that problem :)

3. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

A log of money? So it DOES grow on trees. time to take a trip to the forrest and look for "money" trees =)

4. Don Gloton

Don Gloton New Member

Mmmmm well. In my opinion, The best RPG forn the sega saturn is Shining the Holy Ark. It´s turn based (not my favourite kind). I can´t explain why, but I really enjoyed that game. PDS, which is a masterpiece is also one of my favourites. I also love Magic Knights Rayearth (action RPG) and Dragon Force (which I haven´t finished yet). Mystaria /Blazing Heroes is a strategy game more than a true RPG, just like the shining force series. All of them are very good games, I think. I also enjoyed Dark Saviour and I own Grandia and Grandia Digital Museum, but my japanese falls way too short. Same as my english, for I´m spanish. ;) I almost forget Albert Odysey. Very nice game too.

I suggest you to look for ftp sites and download some of those titles.

Thanks everyone out there.

5. Subura

Subura New Member

If i played/own Shining in the Darkness, and think thats total crap will i hate Holy Ark as well?

6. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

The Sega-Saturn.com site has a pretty good rpg listing for the ol' saturn