Searching Tutorials for Genesis/Megadrive Mods

Are there more funny things to do with a Megadrive than that Language/Country Mods?

Are there other good tutorials on how to have fun modifing you Megadrive?

I searched on google an the net, but allways only find these language/country mods?

there's not really anything else.. besides, just what would you want to modify? there's only so many things you can do.

The only other thing I know of that you can really do without adding gobs of extra hardware is disable the BIOS for a faster boot, and that's still experimental (the current method renders your system incompatible with SCD and 32X).

Isn't there a way to read the entire bios out, and get it on a new chip, so you could just modify the start logo with one of your own pictures, would be kinda cool, to have a pic of yourself at the start.

Are there tuts about generating a new bios, which doenst render the system incompatible?

what start picture? if you're talking about the sega logo, it's on the cart, not the bios. the bios only displays a white text saying that the game is copyrighted or licensed by sega, nothing more. older models don't even have a bios.

So I have proably an old one, never seen a license text afairecognized,

there was a white screen with the blue sega logo i thought that was the one that was on the bios, but i couldn't find any bios text.

My Megadrive is from May 1992, thats what the print on the pcb says, but i dunno if this makes it old, for i don't know when MD/GEN came onto market.

I just collecting for a year or slt

OK, i decided to add the gobs of hardware and installed a led fader device that was intentded for pc moddings.

But I am still looking for crazy ideas to for modding.

Back