Sega CD that can't play new/CDR CDs?

I found a Sega CD model 1 in a free box at a garage sale. I tested it out, and it works fine, except that it won't play any of the new release games I got from GoodDealGames like Bug Blasters.

My other Sega CD model 1 plays them fine. The model number on mine is 20030800, and the model number on the one thta won't play them is 20030732.

I was wondering what is the difference between the gooddealgames CDs and original sega CDs? Do you think the problem is model-related, or is it just that the lens is weaker?

theres only one model 1 cd as far as i know it sounds like your listing the serial number

the model # is 1690 im guessing its a weak laser my model 1 and all others i have seen play cdrs fine the gooddeal games are cdrs not actuall sega cds

I was under the impression that GDG were factory pressed cds, until I won their contest for the game: burning fist, and it won't play on my sega cd model 1 system either, although I have a lot of other cd-r discs that play on it just fine.

Most likely, this is because they were burnt at like 55x speed, while 1x or 2x usually the norm for sega cds, and they usually work correct that way.

Back