Sega Flash Demo CD - display bug

paul_met

Established Member
Greetings to all. Just want to say that I am a newbie here. If my question is already ascended, then I apologize in advance.
The essence of the problem as follows: Everyone knows about the collections of demo disks called Sega Flash. So, starting with the third issue, the shell of demo drives changed. It has become more beautiful and advanced. From now on, the screen mode completely switched to standard PAL. Because of this, the top and bottom of the screen was cut. I do not have an original console (there is probably have no problem with the visible display area), but using emulators, does not help to switch to the European region. I guess here lies some minor bug that the developers did not take into account. After all, the rest of the games and a demos of the European region to work correctly.
The question is, is it possible to somehow modify the boot area of ​​the disk or its executable file to fix this bug? The fact that I once again would like to use this demo disc to create your own collection with full games. I have already engaged in this, but did the collection on the old engine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvA2KAvqUTk&list=UUpWWQ_kG_gbBSsMubdxvh0w) or (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmoJJO50oI&list=UUpWWQ_kG_gbBSsMubdxvh0w).
Now I want to make a collection of games on a new engine (Sega flash vol6 - for this very well). I done with the resources and i can add new items or remove unnecessary, also manage CDDA tracks.
So, I ask for help with the bug above. Thank you.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 190
welcome here, did you try latest yabause ?
try => file => video => fideo format : PAL
i think it should solve the problem. i got the sega flash 6 somewhere,so i should be able to try if needed.

vbt said:
welcome here, did you try latest yabause ?
try => file => video => fideo format : PAL
i think it should solve the problem. i got the sega flash 6 somewhere,so i should be able to try if needed.
Yes, I have already tried this option. It works if you switch to PAL and back to NTSC (because for some reason the sound skips when to PAL mode.) Then do a reset. This method is certainly not easy and not everyone has to conceive.
I noticed that in the SSF at boot screen appears, title or disc menu comes switch to the screen resolution 320x224, but should be 320x256. Interestingly, both programmatically looks installation of a screen mode in an executable file?

I solved with the emulator Yabause. Glitch with the sound was due to sound core DirectX. I switched on the SDL and the problem disappeared. But with the SSF question is not resolved. Still good that at least in Yabause menu of the demo disc is displayed correctly.

paul_met said:
I solved with the emulator Yabause. Glitch with the sound was due to sound core DirectX. I switched on the SDL and the problem disappeared. But with the SSF question is not resolved. Still good that at least in Yabause menu of the demo disc is displayed correctly.
well done, about ssf, i guess there is no solution.

Back