Sega Saturn Mod Chip - Is mine compatible?

Hello everyone,

I have a Sega Saturn, it's a USA one, it says its from June 1996 on the back (does it matter?)

Well anyway I have gotten into playing CD-R backups using the swap trick and I've recently seen a mod chip for the Sega Saturn on sale for $13 ( http://racketboy.blogspot.com/2004/12/sega...ow-on-sale.html ) and thought it might work with my Sega Saturn.

My Saturn has the round buttons and is from the USA but, my only concern was that the chip inside the Saturn next to the CD drive is a square but, in every instructions manual about installing the mod chip I see the chip next to the CD drive is rectangular. Does this matter? I wouldn't want to get something that isn't compatible with my system.

I have two pictures of my Sega Saturn below, hopefully they will help.

I would really love to play these games again, especially my CD-R backups. Can anyone here help? I am very new to Saturn modding and any help at all would be greatly apprecieated!

Thanks!

-Steve

:)

Attachments

• My_Sega_Saturn_Web.jpg
    My_Sega_Saturn_Web.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 205
  • My_Sega_Saturn_Web2.jpg
    My_Sega_Saturn_Web2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 160
  • My_Sega_Saturn_Web.jpg
    My_Sega_Saturn_Web.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 198
  • My_Sega_Saturn_Web2.jpg
    My_Sega_Saturn_Web2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 167
i have the same saturn and the chip never work no matter what :(

but hey,some people DID get it to work on such saturns (64pin) so you never know...give it a a try man...you wont know unless you try ;)

Ok thanks for the replies. I found a web page that sells the mod chips for $5 or so but I don't really trust it so I'll buy one from the $13 page maybe and see if I can get it to work.

I've had at least one person here at SX do the 64-pin correctly with my chips. There may have been more

Originally posted by racketboy@Wed, 2005-05-11 @ 08:09 PM

I've had at least one person here at SX do the 64-pin correctly with my chips.  There may have been more

[post=133928]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm the one who e-mailed you before (Steve ibook238@mac.com), in a few week's I'll order one, just have to save up some money. Didn't notice that your the person running the site where you can buy them (besides your obvious name etc.)

You can look forward to my purchase, weather it works or not $12 isn't too bad at all. :D

If the chip has a white ribbon connector it should work, if it has a black it will act as a CD player for back ups and originals.

Originally posted by mal@Mon, 2005-05-23 @ 05:54 PM

I don't think that it's as clear cut as that...

[post=134414]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. If it was (and my Saturn was in working order) I would have ordered a chip already. :blink:

Originally posted by mal@Mon, 2005-05-23 @ 05:54 PM

I don't think that it's as clear cut as that...

[post=134414]Quoted post[/post]​

It seems to be a general rule of thumb though, we will see when I get my white connector one. But hey, I'm not going to argue with the guy who invented AtoB :).

Back