Shinobi

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
You can't fight what you can't see.

Ignite the fiery vengence of Hotsuma, the last of the Oboro clan. Scale walls and slash your way through the demon filled streets of post apocalyptic Tokyo. But beware, you'll have to keep your bloodthirsty sword satisified or suffer its deadly curse yourself.
  • Chain attacks to destroy hordes of enemies
  • Wall run to explore secret areas
  • Unleash devistating Ninja Magic
  • Stealth dash to sonfuse enemies with ghost images

Shinobi's bakku!!!... Sega! :lol:

Attachments

• Shinobi.jpg
    Shinobi.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Shinobi.jpg
    Shinobi.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 84
....or "How kill a legend"

Ideas were great but the result is so pityful....

I like it a little...as a medium game...not as I like all the other Shinobi games

(ShinobiWoman is worst! "NightShade" if i remember well)

Originally posted by Kaneda@Aug 17, 2004 @ 07:33 AM

....or "How kill a legend"

Ideas were great but the result is so pityful....

I like it a little...as a medium game...not as I like all the other Shinobi games

(ShinobiWoman is worst! "NightShade" if i remember well)

WHA?!?!!

Nightshade fucking OWNED! It was MUCH better than Shinobi.

The best Shinobi is by far Shadow Dancer.

Gives me an idea for some new polls...

:thumbs-up:

Average game. Pretty enjoyable at first, but it gets boring quite quickly.

Sega should learn from TECMO.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Aug 18, 2004 @ 12:44 AM

Average game. Pretty enjoyable at first, but it gets boring quite quickly.

Sega should learn from TECMO.

I agree, but if we were talking about ninja games in general (not just action games) I'd say Tenchu Wrath of Heaven/Return From Darkness smokes Shinobi AND Ninja Gaiden.

In other words, just rip-off Devil May Cry and Onimusha!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love mountaindud.

I agree, but if we were talking about ninja games in general (not just action games) I'd say Tenchu Wrath of Heaven/Return From Darkness smokes Shinobi AND Ninja Gaiden.

Different concepts, Ninja Gaiden is an action game, and has fantasy characters, enemies, locations, etc. While Tenchu is more of a stealth game, with -mostly- realistic items, weapons, enemies and techniques.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

As a realistic ninja game, Tenchu is best.

As an action game, Ninja Gaiden is best.

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Aug 18, 2004 @ 01:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Aug 18, 2004 @ 01:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> ....It really depends on what you are looking for.

[/b]

I was VERY dissappointed after Chapter 2 of Ninja Gaiden, when it started going into the airship and modern city environments.

That's true, I guess I just like my ninja games historically accurate [as possible].

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW

I love mountaindud.[/quote]

;)

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Aug 18, 2004 @ 01:38 AM

I love mountaindud.

Different concepts, Ninja Gaiden is an action game, and has fantasy characters, enemies, locations, etc. While Tenchu is more of a stealth game, with -mostly- realistic items, weapons, enemies and techniques.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

Uh..

I'm the one who said it ripped off DMC and Onimusha...

:huh: :unsure:

I have very mixed feelings about Ninja Gaiden. On the one hand, it's nearly everything I've ever wanted from an action game. (I won't repeat its good qualities here, because you can find someone talking about those anywhere.) I've beaten the game five times so far; twice on normal, twice on hard, and once on very hard.

However, the plot just disappoints me to no end. I felt stupider after it was all over. The characters seem as though they were aimed at 12 year olds. Ryu just bored me to tears. The only character that appealed to me was Gamov, even if his character was hardly original, he interested me much more than any of the others. I'm starting to ramble, but the point is that I hate the plot. Robert Hamburger could write a better script.

The plot is really why I don't love Ninja Gaiden. Everything else about it is perfect and lovely, but the plot just prevents me from getting into it. Oh well.

I actually haven't played Shinobi on PS2 or Nightshade, but they're both games that I really want to get. I've heard mixed things about them both. Especially about their difficulty levels. But I'm pretty forgiving with hard games. I suspect I'll like them, or at least Nightshade. Because a female ninja is the hottest thing ever. :wub:

Now for my shocking announcement: I enjoyed Otogi much more than Ninja Gaiden. The art design and music are simply stunning. It's like something from my craziest dream/nightmare, only hundreds of times more awesome. And I really love destroying everything. :smash

Plus, Raikoh is cool beyond words. I mean, my God. Hayabusa would stand no chance against him. :flamethrower:

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Aug 19, 2004 @ 01:14 AM

Now for my shocking announcement: I enjoyed Otogi much more than Ninja Gaiden. The art design and music are simply stunning. It's like something from my craziest dream/nightmare, only hundreds of times more awesome. And I really love destroying everything. :smash

Plus, Raikoh is cool beyond words. I mean, my God. Hayabusa would stand no chance against him. :flamethrower:

I also liked Otogi more than Ninja Gaiden, but didn't mention it since it doesn't have the ninja theme going on. I understand Otogi 2 is even better than the original.

Hmmm, why does the title of this thread say Shinobi? :huh

Well, I tend to group Raikoh with other ninjas. He was originally part of a clan of mystical warriors, and, to me, clan + warriors + Japan = ninja.

He certainly isn't wearing a "traditional" ninja outfit, but such a costume was not a universally used as story-tellers suggest. Besides, when you take into account the fact that people are no where to be seen in the world of Otogi, stealth isn't very critical.

I always thought a crossover Ninja game could be incredibly cool. Easy to screw-up, I suppose, but it has potential (in my mind). Man, I love ninjas. :wub:

ahhhh shinobi.... great great series, I liked shadow dancer... one of the best, but shinobi 3... was up there, the graphics were great.... but all the shinobi's rule!!!!!

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Aug 19, 2004 @ 01:14 AM

Because a female ninja is the hottest thing ever. :wub:

Oh, I feel deeply flattered ^^;

Otogi2 - Hyakki Toubatsu Emaki is even better.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Aug 19, 2004 @ 05:15 PM

Oh, I feel deeply flattered ^^;

Whoa. :eek: *respects more*

Otogi2 - Hyakki Toubatsu Emaki is even better.

That's what I hear! And it's already on the top of my wishlist. :D

I hope Red Ninja turns out well. The graphics don't look amazing, but multi-platform games rarely do. Luckily, the gameplay and the story seem interesting, and those are what really matter to me. And as RolfWrenWalsh points out, kunoichis do own. :wub:

Back