Snatcher on Wii ?

vbt

Staff member
Another big addition to the Virtual Console will be hitting all Wii owners world this October. The service will then start to offer TurboGrafx-16 CD-ROM² and TurboGrafx-16 SUPER CD-ROM² games.

Now Rondo of Blood and Snatcher are true possibilities!

Source : http://gonintendo.com/?p=25003

If they would only either release a hard drive or put a firmware update to allow the Wii to run programs for the SD slot.

I believe you can just use a mod chip and SDLoader for that.

Personally, I don't mind paying for the roms/VC releases as they come out, even if they don't have all the ones I would like.

I don't mind either. It's just I'm starting to fill my internal up. I know people that have to move data back and forth as they have bought too much stuff. And the Wii can only run VC games of the internal memory. You gotta think it wouldn't take much to make it so we can run VC games from the SD slot.

The internal storage memory of the Wii is very limited (512MB), how they expect to store a full CDRom ?

They will, certainly, compress the audio soundtrack but even with that solution the user will not be able to have too many games. Deleting and redownloading the games is not an efficient solution.

SDLoader was broken by the latest console update. That probably means a. Nintendo has their own solution in the works or b. they don't, and they just want people to buy their stuff through the VC.

It'd be a shame if it were the latter, but I wouldn't put it past them. Ultimately, I imagine there'll be an external HD for the Wii to download all these games.

Does anyone own any TurboGrafx-16 SUPER CD-ROM² here? I mean, the only real benefit to those is if they use redbook audio usually (as well as to where all the space is).

I'm curious if they actually use redbook audio at all. If they don't, I see no reason the games would be anywhere near the size of an full cd.

Back