Some more Virus goodness!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
"Another week, another virus update. This time we have not one, not two but five new virus / worms to be on the look out for. Worm_Bagle.B, Worm_Nachi.B, Worm_Deadhat.C, Worm_Netsky.A and Worm_MyDoom.E. Do what you gotta do, get updated, download your latest virus pattern file and so on.

WORM_BAGLE.B is a destructive, memory-resident worm that is currently spreading in-the-wild. It propagates on systems that are infected with WORM_MYDOOM.E and WORM_NETSKY.A and is capable of spreading via the peer-to-peer file-sharing applications. WORM_DEADHAT.B has the capability to drop itself as a file in the Windows folder, enumerate all running processes, terminate processes associated with antivirus programs, delete several system files, and connect to an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) server and wait for commands from a remote user."

Thanks to HardOcp for the news.

I'm eagerly waiting for the day these things can cross the man-machine barrier and wipe out all people dumb enough to run all random files they find in their inbox.

Not everyone gets it from emails though. I know plenty of compatent PC users who have gotten them from the various peer-to-peer networks.

People who run random executables they find on P2P networks have an equal right to a bullet between the eyes.

I keep on telling my clients who have kids who use kazaa and programs like that to get rid of the software. I get rid of it but the next time I come back they have a virus and guess whats installed again? Stupid kazaa. Oh well, more business for me, I shouldnt be complaining. :devil

yea, kazaa caused me to lose all of my dads files when i was on his comp ( he duz ppls taxes, so he has litearlly millions of important files on there ) he waz mad

Originally posted by Cloud121@Feb 18, 2004 @ 12:45 AM

And this is the reason I love my Mac. :lol: 😎 😀 :cheers :thumbs-up:

If you had your way and Macs dominated, they'd be the primary target. Ironic, no?

Good point

And cloud, why is it that eveyr post you make you edit? Its seriously like every post is edited by you that you make and I cant figure it out.

I do it to fix typos and sometimes add stuff. I am a Grammar Freak afterall :lol: 😎 😀 :cheers :smokin: :thumbs-up:

Jesus you made mistakes in a 9 word sentance? Someone needs to go back to grade school me thinks. It's not like any of the words were that big or anything either.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 18, 2004 @ 04:25 AM

Jesus you made mistakes in a 9 word sentance? Someone needs to go back to grade school me thinks. It's not like any of the words were that big or anything either.

I can't, they banninated me! Oh wait... you weren't tlakin bout Alex. :lol: 🙄 :smash <_<

Originally posted by mal@Feb 17, 2004 @ 11:25 PM

I think it's more about getting the multitude of smilies looking just right. :sarcasm:

That too! :lol: 😀 :thumbs-up:

Also, I usually type so fast that I miss a couple letters. Most of the time thoug, it's to add something, or delete something.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Feb 18, 2004 @ 12:09 PM

Also, I usually type so fast that I miss a couple letters. Most of the time thoug, it's to add something, or delete something.

He is SO gonna edit that now.

Back