sonic demo

they have the sonic the hedgehog demo up on xbox market place to download. just thought i'd mention it i'm downloading it now so i can't give my opinions on it yet.

joe81 said:
they have the sonic the hedgehog demo up on xbox market place to download. just thought i'd mention it i'm downloading it now so i can't give my opinions on it yet.

Send us pics of the demo when you'll get it :)

i forgot i posted this. well let me tell you my opinions. I have never played any of the 3d versions of sonic before so i can't compair it to previous 3d games. I honestly didn't like how it handled. precision controle of sonic in the demo was not possible. The level consided of running from one spot to the other just like the 2d versions just there were deadly drops that if you should fall off the main track that's it you're dead (which happend often when just messing around with trying to get the feel of the controls). The graphics were nice there were no problems from what i saw besides the fact that it seemed like they blured things to cover up pop ups and stuff.Compaired to the old sonic games i can't remember how old i was when sonic came out(i'm 25 so who ever wants to look it up and figure it out go for it) but would kids be able to play this game? No, the way the characters handle and the designe of the levels they'd be dieing a lot. I died repetedly tring to get to one point in the level just because of the controls and the camera. Did the speed of the game compair to the old sonic games? well ya you can move fast and the game adds a lot of motion effects to give you the impression of speed but again the control hinders it. I wish i could post images or a video of it playing(maybe i could if i set my cam up to where it'd record my tv) for i could show how poorly the control is.To sum it up ya i might be drunk when typing this but in my sober hours sonic handles like one of those high power drag racing cars without it's spoiler. I'll work on puting up a video of it probably in a few minutes from now (since i'm awake and have nothign better to do).

eh i tried to upload some videos of me playing with 1 and 1/2 hands just the files were too big so it wouldn't let me. basically my main complaint is the controls of the game and the level design doesn't help with the problem.(in the videos i die a lot at one point and i mean ya ok sure if you're going for just zipping through the game with out killing any enemies it might not be a prob. even though i freely admit just trying to jump to one point in the demo the bridge falls and takes you down with it and it and it doesn't seem like they ment for that to happen. i wish you guys could see the video or play the demo to understand.)

You could always upload the video to YouTube, we have a bbcode that allows you to inline YouTube videos.

Back