Sonic dominates in the UK

I found a moment to check out some game sales charts.

Across all 3 home console systems, Sonic Heroes is the number one selling game, but it doesn't end there. On the Gamecube, Sonic Mega Collection is #6, and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is #7, while Sonic Adventure DX is #17. And that's not all. On the Game Boy Advance, Sonic Advance 2 is #2, and Sonic Advance is #13. That's pretty impressive.

And I wouldn't be all that surprised if Sonic were still that popular in this country. Even if Sonic Heroes sucks and the Sonic X dub doesn't have either the Japanese or the American AoSTH tribute BGM.

I saw that today when I got home from school actually. Considering a sports game is beating it makes Sonic Heroes #1 in my book. Cuz for some reason sports games always beat out everything since it appeals to so many people. When I talk about games I exclude sports heh heh, that's just me though...at least I hope I'm not the only one.

GO SONIC GO!!!

Sonic X has pretty high ratings over here, so it's not suprising to see an upsurge of interest in Sonic, especially from PS2 owners, who would be getting their first Sonic game with Heroes.

The load times for the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes is insane I heard, plus it's not as smooth graphicaly as XBOX and GC. Another reason why it's not as good on PS2 as the other systems.

As for FFX-2, I never really got into it. The only fun thing were the battles and that gets old real fast. I liked X better. Though the only kool thing about X-2 that I liked was Gippal and Rikku. Nuff said.

I haven't played PS2 Sonic Heroes a great deal, but from what I could see, it seemed to be capped at 30 fps, or thereabouts.

Seems it was enough for the average PS2 owner mind.

As for FFX-2... meh I was just glad Square stopped with this silly online stuff... I play RPG's for the story.

Yeah they should have never made FFXI online unless you could customize it more. Everyone looks exactly the same and there are about a hand full of different armors and weapons per level range. It's just annoying if everyone else is exactly like you.

I think it has potential, if they come out with more items, and looks in the game, but like all online games, it will take over your life if you want to do anything great in them.

haha ok enough about FFXI on my part. I just think PS2 does Sonic Heroes no justice.

Well online games will always have the same flaw to me in that there isn't the same kind of 'storyline', in the same sense at least... they can stick as much into it as they want, but to me, it will never be as engrossing as a decent story-driven RPG with a nice amount of depth.

But this is OT.

As for PS2 Sonic Heroes, well it was never going to quite cut it, the game was tailored for GameCube and the PS2 just struggles to keep up with the fast gameplay. Maybe if it was designed souly for the PS2 they might have had a chance, but as it was, it was Sega trying to do what was far beyond their abilities. Putting Sonic Heroes on the PS2 was a good move in general though, I daresay it wouldn't have had a fraction of the success it had if it was on the Cube only. Which is funny because Heroes isn't all that special anyway, I find both the previous SA games have more depth.

Back