Sonic Jam, Phantasy Star Collection etc..

If it is possible for these games to run, is it not possible for other genesis games to be run on the saturn? Or maybe I am totally wrong.. I dont know much about how these things work.

Secondly i have read that the phantasy star collection, the games are just bin files with the sound in seperate files. Would it be possible to take a US version of say PSIV and put it in the place of the PSIV bin on the collection cd and it would run?

No, it wouldn't. There're several checksum checks implemented, so any change would make the game crash.

Also, those emus are optimized for the games and only work so well because the sound doesn't need to be emulated.

I have not played Phantasy Star collection but I have played sonic Jam, and I found it to be better than the originals.Plays exactly the same but there is not the slowdown when you lose rings and you also get the spindash move for the first game, though it can be disabled if you really want the game to be accurate. I have an 60 ntsc saturn and the game is full screen speed and nothing short of perfect.

Are the Phantasy Star games in japenese language or english on this collection.? Anyone know a list of japenese rpg's with english language.

Also, PS4 is not in a single bin file; it seems to be split up into working sets or something. So even if you could hack out the checksum check, you couldn't just drop in a PS4 image.

I'm 80% sure Sega simply re-programmed the games and they use the ROM files to read graphics data. That'd be a billion times easier, when you got access to the original games' source code.

But I think PS1 is emulated.

Originally posted by mal@May 30, 2004 @ 05:53 AM

IIRC the Phantasy Star games in PSC are in Japanese.

Yes you are right Mal....

They are in Japanese, competely beyond understanding and therefore in my humble opinion not worth bothering with as they stand........

Bit off topic I know, but i was just wondering... If you have a dev kit is it possible to say alter the text in a game - translate each individual bit of text one part at a time and then save the translated game to pc ??? That would be a lot of work for someone but just think of it... SF3 Sc 2, Sc 3 and Premium in English !!!!

Aahhhhh.....it was all just a dream :(

Back