Street Fighter III: Third Strike for PS2

Well, good. Maybe this'll gain SFIII some more respect, I'm tired of hearing people say that Alpha is way better.

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Mar 13, 2004 @ 11:24 AM

:banana :cheers :drool:

omgl0l wtfzor n00b t3h r0xx0r!!!11

Hope for sure that gets a PAL release! (with a 60hz option of course)

I really don´t get why companies insiste on the 50Hz business they must think we Europeans are a bunch of Neanderthals with thick 50´s black&white TV´s, there must be something wrong with those dumbasses ´cause when third party companies try to make their light guns compatible with 100Hz TV´s like Logic3 and then you see Sega, Capcom, Sony.... releasing their games in 50Hz <_< its even worst when they make their games RGB uncompatible.

As far as SFIII third strike I really didn´t like that game that much its has better characters than 2nd impact but the final boss is kinda gu3i, c´mon white thong and goldie locks? If it didn´t work on 2nd impact why putting him again on the game? Lame lame and lame. The DC version sucks pretty hard since it not compatible with my Saturn PAD it doesn´t reconise the C and Z buttons so you have to use L and R its also not RGB compatible and I prefer not playing it than switching back to RF everytime I want to play it.

Lets see if the PS2 version is better I hope they don´t make a remake but since Capcom are a bunch of lazy monkeys they probably will...

Originally posted by Zheræ@Mar 16, 2004 @ 06:11 AM

I really don´t get why companies insiste on the 50Hz business they must think we Europeans are a bunch of Neanderthals with thick 50´s black&white TV´s, there must be something wrong with those dumbasses ´cause when third party companies try to make their light guns compatible with 100Hz TV´s like Logic3 and then you see Sega, Capcom, Sony.... releasing their games in 50Hz <_< its even worst when they make their games RGB uncompatible.

It's all about compatbilty.

I'm sure many people have older TVs where 50Hz is the only way to go. As long as there's a 60Hz option (which seems almost to be standard these days), what have you got to complain about?

All my TV´s are NTSC and 60Hz compatible even an old one from 93, at least an option in the menus should be included to switch from 50Hz<>60Hz it should be standard, really are that many people with 50Hz tv´s only? Yeah now most games have that option or are PAL optimised but the early ones don´t, Saturn and PSX game releases really hurt compared to the NTSC version 8/ the Dreamcast is alright tho for a change Sega did good on the PAL market, PAL in 60Hz is nice :bandit

Alright, let's try this then...

Aw, there there Zheræ.

I'm sure those nasty-pasty old software developers will stop picking on the poor neglected 60Hz TV owners and stop pandering to those ungrateful luddites that insist on holding everyone back with their stone age 50Hz sets.

Does that make you feel better now?

From The Magic Box:

Capcom announced they will release Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2 in North America this summer, this compilation will contain both Hyper Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike in a single package. A Gallery Mode will be included, which contain a collection of character intros & backgrounds, soundtrack selections and images from the SF2 series.

You're supposed to be able to mix and match fighting styles from all the different games too, at least according to the press release. I'm not sure what that means, but my guess would be choosing between world warrior/championship/X/X turbo gameplay.

Back