Super Mario Bros. DS Screenshots!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Here are some screenshots of the upcomming Mario game for the DS portable system.

supermariods4.jpg
supermariods5.jpg

Thanks to the Magic Box for the images.

This game looks pretty cool. In general, I think the DS looks great and should perform better than the PSP. I reallly hope the Sega annoncement is not a new handheld; unless it is a portable DC.

looks like a 2D game in 3D just for the sake of being 3D -- which in turn makes it look kinda icky. Not sure I like the looks

racketboy said:
looks like a 2D game in 3D just for the sake of being 3D -- which in turn makes it look kinda icky. Not sure I like the looks
What's wrong with using the extra graphic capabilities you have to make a 2D game look even better? Like what Yoshi's Story was :rambo:

Hello, ain't it a remake of Mario 64? Yes, the graphics look a little choppier than the N64's do, but if you think about it, we're seeing it on a big computer moniter. It'll look better on the smaller DS screens.

I'm kinda excited. I'm sure they're working on better backgrounds, as I think that's kinda lacking. I hope the whole premise of the game doesn't revolve around Mario being big or small for strategy purposes, that would get kinda tedious I think. Also it would be nice for Mario to turn his head to the enemy he's facing when ever he approaches them.

Back