Swap Trick works and everything but this....

Ok first off I have a Japanese Saturn. I downloaded an English iso of Panzer

Dragoon saga (in Bin/Cue Format). I converted the region to japanese.

Burned the disc at 4x speed with Alcohol 120%. I swapped the disc and was playing it for about 20 min with no problems. All of the sudden the game shuts off

and goes to the outerspace screen when there is no disc in the system. I'm thinking "wtf"?

Now every time I try to play the game, the intro(intro before you get to the title screen) is very choppy and out of sync. After the choppy intro the game shuts off to the outer space screen and says "Cd is not suitable for system".

(At least that's what I think it is but I cant read Japanese!)

But what hell is going on!? Has anyone heard of this before and knows how to fix it?

Panzer Dragoon saga is the only game I tried as far as burnt games go. And originals play fine. I try to burn the same game again on a different disc but it still gives me the same outcome.

Then it's a corrupt iso due to 1) a bad transfer or 2) a bad rip. Hopefully there's an sfv file to test against to see if the iso was corrupt, otherwise I'd try downloading it from somewhere else.

Alright well Im currently trying to burn Dragon Force now. Every time I try to burn it I get an error and the burning stops in the middle of the session.

2x or 4x are fine for saturn game burning, are you sure you do the swap trick well ? It looks like my first try with uncomplete swap, I did Original then backup and it has to be backup then Original then backup or you're get synch pb and games return to the BIOS.

I did it all right (backup then original then backup) The swap part worked I got the Sega logo and the Andromeda Presents logo. Before all of the problems I was playing the game for about 20 minutes until I did a Berserk attack and the game booted me too the bios screen.

If any of guys would rather talk on AIM or anything so I can explain better that would be fine with me.

Guess What! For some reason I was just playing it perfectly for about 3o minutes. I got to the first boss battle in the game (Arachnoth, or something like that) After I beat him the game booted back into the bios screen! I'm starting to think that something went wrong when I burned the game because the first time I tried to burn the image the process failed halfway through. The second time worked 100% but there could have been some errors. Not only that I'm trying to burn Dragon Force, the process finished 100% but its said failed to burn image!

Everytime I use Alcohol 120% I get and "There was error in the recording procedure check the log file for details" I check it and it Image loading error or aborted (one of those two)

BUT Actually I figured out the problem. I used a cue file that I didnt Patch to see if it would work and it did! So i just re patched the game with Satconv12 instead of SRP and it recorded all the way through without problems!

BUT(lol) I recorded perfectly with Dragonforce and the game got as far as the SEGA logo before it booted back to the bios screen.

MORE DETAILED: I swap the game perfectly It shows the SEGA logo and then the screen turns black(like its gonna load the next part of the game) and part of the screen flashes white for like a split second and it boots me back to the BIOS screen. Why? I thought I did everything right!

orion233 said:
Everytime I use Alcohol 120% I get and "There was error in the recording procedure check the log file for details" I check it and it Image loading error or aborted (one of those two)

BUT Actually I figured out the problem. I used a cue file that I didnt Patch to see if it would work and it did! So i just re patched the game with Satconv12 instead of SRP and it recorded all the way through without problems!

BUT(lol) I recorded perfectly with Dragonforce and the game got as far as the SEGA logo before it booted back to the bios screen.

MORE DETAILED: I swap the game perfectly It shows the SEGA logo and then the screen turns black(like its gonna load the next part of the game) and part of the screen flashes white for like a split second and it boots me back to the BIOS screen. Why? I thought I did everything right!

For what it's worth, I've never been able to get Alcohol 120% to burn working Saturn backups. Imgburn works fine however, and it's free.

dibz said:
For what it's worth, I've never been able to get Alcohol 120% to burn working Saturn backups. Imgburn works fine however, and it's free.

I second that. I personally use Nero, you can get a whitebox OEM copy for under $10 (legitimately) these days, usually last year's edition but for game burning purposes, it's more than plenty.

Back