Tetris (NES)

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
The Soviet Game Sensation!

Your pulse quickens. Beams, boxes, zig-zags and "L" shaped building blocks drop relentlessly down a narrow passage.

You quickly spin, shift, and align the shapes then slide them in for a perfect fit.

It's challenging and the pace is demanding. But satisfaction comes as you position each block neatly into place.

Start at new heights for a tougher contest. Pick the music and set your pace from 20 progressive skill levels.
What does Tetris mean in Russian?

Front Cover
Back Cover
Cartridge

I can't remember the actual translation but I do know that Tetris is essentially a computerized version of an old Russian puzzle game. It was developed on computers long before it came out on any consoles and the rights for Tetris were fought over for quite sometime before it found a nice home on the NES.

Many delusional fever induced dreams of my childhood were inspired by this great game and even now I still love to play it. When I was a kid I didn't know about Tchaikovski, i only knew about Tetris music A, B and C :)

Where would my life be if I had never played Tetris? Probably moving in some positive direction with a future actually in sight... Thank you, Tetris, for all the fond memories of the old days when 8 bits were all you needed to get your game on.

Ahh, Tetris... how important it was to my childhood. I remember sitting on the couch and having tournaments with my dad.

Back