The new GBA - What do you think?

Since no-one's really posted about it apart from the front page, I thought I'd ask.

I went to hell (well.. Lik-Sang, which is close) and back to get an Afterburner GBA but still I wet my pants when I saw the new design, and no.. It wasn't wee-wee. Got my backlit GBA on eBay and sold it for £80, pre-ordered the new one (in black.. hmmm) for £100, so pretty good going really in financial terms.

The new design looks a tad uncomfortable, but I think I can play through the pain barrier for such a cool looking gadget.

In case you can't tell, I can't wait for it. Videogameimports.com reckoned they'd be sending them on February 20th or thereabouts :biggrin:

I think its the best thing in the whole world... after GC, SNES, Saturn and DC...

But seriously... I think it has fantastic design and the rechargable battary pack is an instant seller. I'm definately on the pre-order queue for one of these (and the Gameboy player for that matter too).

I got my GBA for Christmas for my wife and ordered an Afterburner install (which I have to wait a while to get).

I still like the old design (although I love the idea of not needing a case). Plus, I'm not about to sell my big surprise Christmas present from my wife :)

If I end up buying another one, I would definately get the fold up model though -- unless I hear bad reviews after it comes out.

Although it looks amazing and I'm glad they've done it, I can't help but be a little disappointed as well. This must have been the whole 'Megaton' thing, so it doesn't really get close to living up to that name.. Nor the 'technological breakthrough' that Nintendo promised.

then again, nothing was going to live up to the 'Megaton' hype.

Interestingly, the Game Boy Advance SP system features a built-in rechargeable lithium battery that's not user-swappable. If something goes wrong with the battery, users will have to send their unit to Nintendo for a replacement. The battery door on the bottom of the unit is sealed with a tri-wing screw, which makes it difficult for the end-user to access.
I wonder if replacing the battery yourself will void the warranty on the GBA SP.

SP=same product

I hope not as I will no doubt need to.

I can't wait for it, kingcube.co.uk should have them in stock soon after the jap launch so I will hopefully have it by the end of the month :)

I don't know if I will get the Game Boy Player, unless it does improve things more than just putting it on a bigger screen. I can't pay for such luxuries after buying so much gc stuff!

Back