Trouble ripping saturn games ..

Hey there.. I have been going nuts trying to rip my saturn games so that I can use satconv to convert the territory so that I can play them on my japanese saturn (w/ modchip.) I've been successful with a few games but it really seems hit or miss... I always get errors when trying to read the discs, no program seems to want to rip the CDs.

I can't even get CDRWIN to detect my drive. At first it wouldn't detect my 8x Lite on DVD-R, so I took that out and put in a pioneer DVR-104, a drive i know that CDRWIN supports and it STILL gives me the message " no supported drives found. "

The only program I've had ANY success at all with is ISOBuster, and like i said, it's about 50/50 (or even less) I have to make a .bin file of the first track (if it will even detect the track) and then rip the audio files as wav's..

Then sometimes after ripping the bin file, its not in the right format (mode 1 / 2, etc) and no program wants to convert it and if I am able to burn, the saturn doesn't like it. However, the saturn DID like Sonic Jam and Sonic 3d Blast just fine.

I've tried the latest ASPI drivers, I've tried version 4.6, I've tried clone cd, blind write, Win ISO, ultra ISO, Nero.... Nothing will rip these CDs.

Basically, i figure if I can get at least CDRWIN (3.9F) to detect my drives I can just make a bin / cue and convert those easily.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

ASPI also has a propper 32Bit companion called "SPTI" you can try updating SPTI as well and see if that makes any difference, but only if you are using a XP or WIN2KX

burning works fine... running XP service pack 2 on nvidia nforce 3 chipset... Tell me more about SPTI, can't find anything relevant on google.

ok.. got it working using nero 5.5 (recorder > save track) and burning with fireburner... works without a problem. Still curious as to why cdrwin wont detect my drives though.

Back