Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

You heard this is a good fighting game?! That is the biggest understatment of all-time!

This is the utter EPITOME of fighting! It's the utter epitome of games period! It can take you YEARS to be anywhere near as good as the masters of the world (Chibita, Ohsu Akira, Ryan Hart, Kofu Megane), and you'd still probably get your ass handed to you!

This game is art. To be good, it takes hours upon hours of practice, and when you reach what you feel is your limit, you strive to keep going, and getting better. You can play this game for years and years on end, and not be satisfied with your skills. Take it from me, I've played this game for half my life! And I'm nowhere near as good as I feel I should be!

You need to be able to READ your opponent. You need to get in the mind set. You need to mess with your opponents mind, and take advantage of any opportunities that may arise for an attack. You need to KNOW you're opponent. You need to know their weaknesses and exploit them. Take advantage of every mistake they make. That's what it takes to win.

A wiseman once said "Virtua Fighter is Chess at 60 Frames Per Second."

This game is my life...

it has been a while since I have played this. I need to dust off the game and put some time back into it. I have a very nice arcade stick to use on it now!

Attachments

• img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 123
  • img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 135
  • img_0738.jpg
    img_0738.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 105
I could write long and boring list of things which make VF4:Evo such a great game, but I wont instead I'll just leave this simple message:

What Cloud said :D

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 14, 2004 @ 06:49 PM

You heard this is a good fighting game?! That is the biggest understatment of all-time!

I think Akuma was trying to mess with your head :)

whoah cloud i didnt bum it that hard lol

maybe i'll give it another go i did only rent it.

i prefer faster paced fighting. vf has always ruled though, wot was i thinking?!? :damn:

Heh...

I wasn't going off on you or anything. It's just that when someone bashes VF, I tend to get a little nuts.

You have no IDEA how badly I wanna beat the living crap out of people who say that "VF sucks! Tekken rules!" "It's call about Soul Calibur!"

I get that a lot... Why don't these people play a FIGHTING game, ala Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, King of Fighters. Not a button masher ala Tekken or Soul Calibur....

People that say that aren't serious fighting game fans. I never take mainstream gamers opinions too seriously. I've talked to people that have Xbox and Playstation 2, and they think they have every game console; at this point I don't care what that person thinks about Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

But I liked Soul Calibur. :eek:

Originally posted by duo_R+Jun 14, 2004 @ 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(duo_R @ Jun 14, 2004 @ 03:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a very nice arcade stick to use on it now![/b]

Yes, very nice. How much did it cost you? :)

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@Jun 14, 2004 @ 03:49 PM

I think Akuma was trying to mess with your head :)[/quote]

Naw, I was just trying to promote this thread. :D

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 15, 2004 @ 01:36 AM

I get that a lot... Why don't these people play a FIGHTING game, ala Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, King of Fighters. Not a button masher ala Tekken or Soul Calibur....

This is nothing against Virtua Fighter, but I also really love Soul Calibur. I hardly think it's fair to call it a button masher.

It is very easy for people new to the series to pick up the controller and start pulling off some very damaging (and cool) moves. And if they choose to randomly hit buttons, it is true that they can prove difficult for a seasoned player to defeat because of their unpredictability. However, I really think that's why the game is so popular.

When my friends are over, most of whom have no experience with the game, they can still provide a challenge for me to beat. Many of my friends who normally never play fighting games find that they have a chance. I'm by no means a perfect player, but fighting button mashers greatly improve my reflexes. Anyone who's mastered a character will have no trouble destroying a button masher.

Of course, the game isn't much fun if all you do is mash buttons either, and most people begin to master a character in order to get more out of the game. If you've ever seen two experienced players fight each other, it's impossible to deny the skill and character mastery they display.

In summary, just because its learning curve isn't as steep as Virtua Fighter does not make it an inferior game.

Haha, I can also say "what cloud said" to save myself some time from typing a similar message ;)

The game's amazing... and that's an understatement if there ever was one ;)

Too much craziness all over when it comes down to it... and the fact that it has "Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary" in it makes it even better ;) So much to say about all the merits of VF4evo that it's hard to cram into a small chunk...

Whew... *shakes head, mumbles something, and walks away* ...

"You have no IDEA how badly I wanna beat the living crap out of people who say that "VF sucks! Tekken rules!" "It's call about Soul Calibur!""

heh. i happen to think tekken [tag, not 4] is the best fighter around, and i didn't like vf4: evolution enough to resist selling it back...

to me vf4 and soul calibur both feel like the button bashers [don't even mention bloody dead or alive], but then again i'm a little biased [as is everyone], cos tekken's the one i'm good at :)

I felt like revisiting this thread again...

VF4 and VF Evolution feel like buttons mashers?! NO! NO! NO! :rant

Are you sure you didn't have Tekken in the console, and had the Evo case nearby?

Perhaps the learning curve was just too steep for you.... :lol:

Now, I do agree with you in saying that Soul Calibur is a button masher. :thumbs-up:

Don't you dare ever call VF a button masher. It's the farthest thing from it!

Anyway, do you guys really wanna know why I preferred VF over Tekken initially? I was a Tekken and VF nut when I first started, but here's why I liked VF more:

There weren't any of those things of energy coming out when you hit a guy. I liked VF more simply because of that... :lol: :rolleyes:

hehe yeah i totally agree that they should drop all the silly flame effects etc when you hit people in tekken.

i think my problem with vf4 was definitely that, during the 2/3 weeks i had the game, i didn't really have anyone who was into it to play it with... so i was stuck with computer opponents / practicing etc. i can assure you it wasn't a problem with the learning curve :p

i'd love to play some vf4 nutters sometime to see what the fuss is about :)

you're a foo for not appreciating tekken though. i pity the foo.

Originally posted by essell@Jul 29, 2004 @ 12:52 PM

hehe yeah i totally agree that they should drop all the silly flame effects etc when you hit people in tekken.

i think my problem with vf4 was definitely that, during the 2/3 weeks i had the game, i didn't really have anyone who was into it to play it with... so i was stuck with computer opponents / practicing etc. i can assure you it wasn't a problem with the learning curve :p

i'd love to play some vf4 nutters sometime to see what the fuss is about :)

you're a foo for not appreciating tekken though. i pity the foo.

I've been stuck like that for nine years! :thumbs-up:

this game was sooo worth it, the price, and the replay value are uncompromised.... this game rocks.

Back