What are DriKore games?

They're re-released games. Basically the Japanese equivalent of a 'Greatest Hits' type thing. Capcom has also released a few 'CapKore' titles for the DC.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 11, 2004 @ 06:35 PM

They're re-released games. Basically the Japanese equivalent of a 'Greatest Hits' type thing. Capcom has also released a few 'CapKore' titles for the DC.

Oh, I understand completely now.

:bow

And it's Dorikore, which stands for Dreamcast Collection (Dorimukasuto Korekushon). There's also Satkore which as you can guess was Saturn Collection.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 12, 2004 @ 01:46 AM

And it's Dorikore, which stands for Dreamcast Collection (Dorimukasuto Korekushon). There's also Satkore which as you can guess was Saturn Collection.

Like the one in the attached pic below? See profile here.

Attachments

• DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0827.JPG
    DSCN0827.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 90
Here's a close up :D ... and yes, it's unopened, the same goes for the two games under it. :) :wub:

Attachments

• DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    DSCN0827_CLOSEUP.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 100
I'm talking about the Alpha 2 cover, the one you have right underneath there. It's not the best cover in the world, but I don't really like the style of Zangief or Rolento on the Japanese 2' cover. And as for Ryu looking Japanese, well, he doesn't really look Japanese in the actual game either.

It's almost like a rule that North American games have to have crappy cover art, but the Street Fighter Alpha series on Saturn stands out as having some of the most drab, boring artwork of all time. This gives me an idea for a poll.....

Originally posted by it290+Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(it290 @ Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm talking about the Alpha 2 cover, the one you have right underneath there.[/b]

If you compare the covers for SFA2 and SFZ2, you can see that they just used the art from the back cover of SFZ2 as the art for the cover of SFA2. IMO, the cover for SFZ2 doesn't look that bad.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:48 AM

It's not the best cover in the world, but I don't really like the style of Zangief or Rolento on the Japanese 2' cover.

I think it's stylish. :p

<!--QuoteBegin-it290
@Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:48 AM

And as for Ryu looking Japanese, well, he doesn't really look Japanese in the actual game either.[/quote]

What I meant to say was he looked like an idiot :D on the cover of SFA compared to on the cover of SFZ (see attached below) where you see him back to back with Ken.

It's almost like a rule that North American games have to have crappy cover art, but the Street Fighter Alpha series on Saturn stands out as having some of the most drab, boring artwork of all time. This gives me an idea for a poll.....

I hope you didn't mean to include SFA2 in that statement. The painting of Ryu looking up at Akuma with Sakura in the background in betweem them is just beautiful. :wub:

Attachments

• SFZ_cover.jpg
    SFZ_cover.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 74
  • SFZ_cover.jpg
    SFZ_cover.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 76
  • SFZ_cover.jpg
    SFZ_cover.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 68
Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Jun 12, 2004 @ 03:13 AM

...The painting of Ryu looking up at Akuma with Sakura in the background in betweem them is just beautiful. :wub:

There's definitely chemistry between Ryu and Akuma in that cover, but it still didn't do anything for me. The colors are so boring. A cover needs to grab you by the nipples and give you a titty-twister of color. I can't even tell what the characters are thinking at that moment. You should be able to wipe the emotion off the characters faces with a moist towelette. What that looks like to me is two guys staring at each other with someone looking at them. NO PASSION whatsoever. :puke:

What are you talking about? You can clearly see the passion burning in Akuma's eyes and in their teeth to a certain extent. I guess you're right, you just don't see it. In that cover art, imagine that Akuma thinks of Ryu as someone insignificant and thus looks down at Ryu similar to how Sagat looked down at Ryu during their encounter. Ryu doesn't like it and is all pissed as evident from that huge fist he's holding up to Akuma's face. :lol: From that, you can tell something is bound to happen.

Akuma: (You dare ME?!)

Ryu: I will revenge my master's death.

Akuma: (You will follow him.)

Akuma stares down at Ryu!

Ryu shakes a [huge] fist!

As for Sakura in the middle, I think they just put her there because she's a new character to the series. She's really not that important in that cover. :p

Well, it's a good concept and all but, I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe if a better artist drew it....

Back