What will be your next portable purchase?

I voted DS cos I just bought one. It's great and I'm incredibly happy with it!!

Not sure I'm sold on the PSP. The square button issue, random ejecting discs and poor battery life outweigh the nice screen and general sexiness for me...

Maybe after the next hardware revision tho... :unsure:

DS Hardware revision? You may be waiting a while.

I still haven't picked up a DS due to lack of games that I want. Other than Feel The Magic there isn't much that interests me. I'm really looking forward to see how Advance Wars DS turns out though, and when Metroid finally comes out I'm sure it will be amazing.

I bought a PSP because of Lumines AND movie playback from memory stick. While I won't buy a system for one game the movie playback made it attractive enough to buy since I take the bus to and from University, so now I can watch tv shows and movies along the way to pass the time. Battery life is good enough for Lumines as the disc is not accessed too much, and playing video files off a memory stick doesn't drain the power too much. I am quite dissapointed with the music playback functionality though, and the screen shows smudges and scratches far too easily. I'm going to return mine because I wasn't careful enough with the screen (I bought it at Wal-Mart :lol: they can lose money). I really don't see anything of interest looking at the other release titles and those out in the next 2 months though, so I may just try to return it for cash. As much as I like Lumines, I'd probably be better off just buying a used one a couple of months down the road for a significantly cheaper amount.

I think people trading in their GBASPs towards DS's are crazy though, even though the DS can play GBA games it just isn't as nice to hold. IMO the GBASP is near-perfect for a handheld, Nintendo kind of screwed themselves as it is hard to improve on something that awesome.

The GBA SP still rocks. The batteries last a long time and the games are REALLY fun. 2D for life!

Finally got one.

dspspzodiac.png

This was one poll that I didn't think I'd be voting in. :lol:
I haven't played handheld games since I stopped playing my Nintendo Game and Watches over a decade ago... :blink:
However, I've been pressured into buying a DS for my little one for her birthday. It's going to be a Candy Pink one. :D

hey iceman , im thinking of purchasing a ds because of nintendogs and gba flash card. is it worth it? i have a psp ,but there arent really any good games that interest me. hows ur psp going?

The DS rocks, I mainly use it to play older gba games though. The psp is just sitting here collecting dust.

Back