Whats the funniest anime you have seen so far?

Make that 5 people. I've seen several episodes of "Here is Greenwood" back in my college days at the anime club. That guy's roommate looks like a girl, but is actually a guy... so is the roommate's younger brother.
laugh.gif

i love how he finds out, shinobu is standing at a urinal ( the guy who he thinks is a girl) and he just walks off, then it hits him like 5 seconds later. brilliant, i was ready to blow the show off as a cleche untill that happened.

I've heard of here is greenwood... I just don't watch dubbed anime, which is all that my store had when I worked at hollywood video.

FLCL is untoppable.

Not only is it the funniest, but has such an insane amount of small details that its almost a new experience every time you watch it.

Plus theres the story, which is only explained at the very end - so if you rewatch the whole thing once more, you understand more and more from it.

It's a piece of art, really.

I watched it 7 or 8 times already and every time I managed to spot something different that I didn't do before.

Has nobody seen Dragon Half??? DRAGON HALF! The old original uber-fast slapstick joke a second comedy anime. Plus the classic ending song where she sings a million words per minute over a beethoven theme. Singing done as fast as the next episode narration on Excel Saga.

Another one I'm suprised noone's mentioned was Kodomo No Omocha (Child's Toy). The original series labelled "anime on crack". It had the acid trance moments of Excel Saga while maintaining real story and characters.

Another honorable mention is Akazukin Cha-Cha (Red Riding Hood Cha-Cha).

I did LMAO on some Slayers OVAs too.

Personally I'd say "Keroro Gunso" ("Sergant Frog"). The expressions, the voices, Keroro's Gundam fetish - it's all great stuff.

Other funny series include "Great Teacher Onizuka" - and on the more raunchy end of the spectrum, "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" and "Ebichu".

Back