Who's participating in the madness?

I'm going to try and get to Best Buy by 6:00 to take advantage of some deals. I'm a Black Friday virgin. Am I going to get owned? Probably. I'm hoping it won't be a zoo, but the reasoning center of my brain tells me "Don't hold your breath."

Actually, there is some good deals at Best Buy, alot of good DVD's for like $11.99 like Lion King and such. And there seems to be a decent camcorder (we've been wanting one) for $100 dollars off. But only until noon on friday!

Just got back!

5th year of Black Friday for me...

slept over a friends house, set the alarm to 2 A.M.

got up and drove a mini-van to BestBuy.

Arrived at 2:45 A.M.

People had tents and had camped out there, others had a grill and were making eggs and bacon... :lol:

I was aprox. 30-40 in line with my friend and his brother. They opened the store an extra hour early because the line was already past 350 people.

What I purchased:

2 460 watt car amplifiers

4 10" subwoofers

2 bandpass quad-ported sub enclosures

^ for $200 w/o rebates :lol:

my friend got a DVD-/+R/W drive for $80 ($130-$50worth of rebates)

and we each got a 25pack of DVD-R's from CompUSA for $25 w/o rebates...

so it was a good day :D

Hey, i just got back also. I went with my friend to Best Buy at 4:00. It was cold like a mutha'! But i got what i wanted.

Some Walkie Talkies,

6 Peice Sound system speaker thingy

A decent Receiver for it

A DVD shelf

the 100 pack of cdrs

had to get my friend the 24" tv and some dvds. He couldn't buy them because he worked there.

It was crazy though. The check out line was just as bad. But i found a loop hole in there little checkout line system and got my stuff in 15 minuts! :D

I've never seen so many people. Needless to say, from now on I will wait for pre- and post-christmas deals. This is not really worth it.

Yes, Ice, I am crazy. But I had to see it for myself.

I did manage to snag a hard drive at Staples. They were dead. :lol:

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Spent two hours in line to put a Zelda bundle GameCube in Lay-a-Way for $79.44, for my girlfriend's x-mas present. Two hours to save $20. I either really love my girlfriend or I really want *MY* GameCube back.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Nov 28, 2003 @ 08:58 AM

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Spent two hours in line to put a Zelda bundle GameCube in Lay-a-Way for $79.44, for my girlfriend's x-mas present. Two hours to save $20. I either really love my girlfriend or I really want *MY* GameCube back.

The later :lol:

But hey, that was such a crazy good deal. I called walmart yesterday, asking if they had any of those units, and they said they were in full supply. This morning at about 8:30am, I called back, and they said they were out! :blink:

Damn you americans and your crazy sales.

Oh well, at least I have my 30% Staff discount at Game (EB)

i went to best buy, hoping 4 this mp3 player for 40.00, and what i got was a bunch of mommys sleeping in tents outside of the place, :huh i come back later at 11:00, and the whole video game section is literally bought out, EVERYTHING!!!, o yea , the mp3 players were sold out 2 :angry:

I went to Barnes and Noble today to pick up some stuff I needed for the week, although if I had a choice I wouldn't of. Problem is that the Barnes and Noble lies in a very large shopping center. After getting within 5 miles, I realized the drivers out there are just nuts :blink: (some wouldn't let me into thier lane ahead of them when an ambulance was flying behind me). When I did get to where I needed to, the parking situation was just terrible (people just dumped their cars wherever, regardless of whether it was a parking spot, a section of a road, etc). There of course were other customers who had become psuedo-traffic cops, directing people wherever so that they could stick thier cars, or friends cars where it was convienient :angry:. If they were willing to walk about from just outside the area though (where grocery stores, fast food are), like I did, you would find tons of parking. Guess people just don't like the cold.

Fortunately Barnes and Noble wasn't bad (not too many shoppers). Guess that's not suprising, though there were a ton of good deals on books. I guess it's always easy to ax prices at a bookstore when you have so much inventory and tons that may never get sold.

the sales werent even that good, i looked over all the black friday lists and said screw this, not worth it

yeah the sales pretty much sucked compared to past years.

I picked up my Cruzer Lite USB Drive and some extra scissors at Staples. Also went to my wife to Mervyns. They gave out $5 gift certificates to first so many people. We each got one. Then since I didn't want to shop, I went out the exit, went out the other entrance and got another $5. My wife found stuff to get so we saved a good amount there.

ziggy, what type of dvd burner did your friend buy? I mean thats pretty f---in cheap... let me know thanks.

sweet deal indeed, I have to look into that, thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by muffinman943@Nov 28, 2003 @ 12:36 PM

i went to best buy, hoping 4 this mp3 player for 40.00, and what i got was a bunch of mommys sleeping in tents outside of the place, :huh i come back later at 11:00, and the whole video game section is literally bought out, EVERYTHING!!!, o yea , the mp3 players were sold out 2 :angry:

Man I went to Best Buy to get the exact same damn mp3 player lol. I got there around 7:30 am and was told that they were sold out of them within 20 minutes of when they opened the store. bastards...

So I decide to go ahead a grab a dvd and a cd I had been wanting. Took me 20 damn minutes to navigate the crowd even though I knew exactly where I was going in the store. Then I walked up front to get in line and realized that the entire crowd in the store was the line... I asked somebody how long they had been waiting to pay and he told me 2 hours and he would sell me his spot for $50 lol. I quickly put my cd and dvd on a stack of crap and walked out the door...

i saw on thenews that this big fight with 30 women at the store broke out after somebody cut in line, they showed it with the video cameras in the store, it was really funny. This was in new orleans

Back