Xbox deflects real bullets

mtxblau

Mid Boss
Xbox deflects real bullets

Irate Marylander shoots his roommates' console, but the 9mm round fails to penetrate its casing.

When called to investigate a shooting last Friday night, police in Anne Arundel County, Maryland found an unlikely culprit--an Xbox.

The Baltimore Sun reports that 34-year old Robert Preston Kersey had grown enraged by his roommates constantly playing their Xbox at high volume. According to the police report, Kersey emerged from his bedroom at 2 a.m. brandishing an automatic pistol. Rather than shoot his roommates, Kersey took aim at the offending Xbox and fired a single shot at the console. While the bullet's impact disabled the Xbox, its thick plastic casing deflected the 9mm round, which ricocheted away harmlessly.

Other than the Xbox, no injuries resulted from the incident. Kersey was later booked on two counts of reckless endangerment and one count of destruction of property.

Link to Gamespot

Heh, how could he be charged with destruction of property if no destruction occurred? 😉 j/k

Originally posted by it290@Dec 4, 2003 @ 04:35 PM

Heh, how could he be charged with destruction of property if no destruction occurred? 😉 j/k

I'm sure the bullet made a mark.

I wouldn't be happy if someone buy a bullet dent in my [hypethetical] XBox

I'd be more upset that some fucker started shooting in my house, but I'm strange like that.

Originally posted by it290@Dec 4, 2003 @ 11:35 AM

While the bullet's impact disabled the Xbox, its thick plastic casing deflected the 9mm round, which ricocheted away harmlessly.

The impact probably damaged the hard drive.

good call tang, I was just going to catch that...lol... :looney :looney

guy sounds a bit unstable to me..... 😱mg: 😱mg: 😱mg:

Haha, I dunno, I wouldnt mind having a console with a bullet mark on it. It would be something to brag about. I don't know about the wording of the story though. Wouldn't the Xbox be the victim rather than the culprit?

Originally posted by it290@Dec 11, 2003 @ 05:07 PM

Haha, I dunno, I wouldnt mind having a console with a bullet mark on it. It would be something to brag about. I don't know about the wording of the story though. Wouldn't the Xbox be the victim rather than the culprit?

I totally disagree! The xbox instigated the fight by making all that noise and keeping him up. The xbox started it, so it is the culprit. Stupid xbox.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Dec 11, 2003 @ 05:40 AM

I totally disagree! The xbox instigated the fight by making all that noise and keeping him up. The xbox started it, so it is the culprit. Stupid xbox.

Yea...they should sue microsoft for the whole incident and get mega cash :lol:

Although, if the bullet had deflected off the Xbox and hit the guy then they probably could have actually sued M$, for not marking their product as 'bullet reflective'. I've heard of crazier cases...

---Ammut

Originally posted by stack99@Dec 11, 2003 @ 12:32 PM

good call tang, I was just going to catch that...lol... :looney :looney

Tang? No thanks, not thirsty. Though, I could use some medicine to relieve me from the side effects of the medicine I took to relieve the symptoms of the flu. Namely, how I feel lightheaded/confused and have trouble focusing. Oh well, at least I don't have a raging fever right now.

What was the topic again? Oh yes, the xbox. Well, its good to know that as bulky as it is, its built like a tank. If I were him I'd replace the HD or get a new xbox and then use the old case 😀

next thing ya know there'll be some crazy wearing xbox's for armor and robbing a bank.

I want to see a picture of the case! Any one got an Xbox they are willing to shoot. Of course you can remove the cover as to prevent damage to the internals. Now what else would be cool is shooting a case up then rigging up a green cold cathode and running the xbox in a darkened room.

That would look so cool. I've always wanted to rig my PC up withsome cathodes.

Ive also always thought a truly clear system would be way cool. Kind of like those clear pc cases.

eew I can't handle clear stuff

especially all those things that the old iMac inspired.

See-through lime green toaster anyone?

I think he means a clear non-colored acrylic ATX tower. It looks like crap if you haven't done anything special with your hardware, but it can look cool with colored/lit components and neatly arranged cables. Its still not my thing, but it can certainly look cool.

Back