Yakuza: Like a Dragon

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Newer then most (all?) of our games of the month/week/day/whenever-we-feel-like-it. Yakuza: Like A Dragon is a personal favorite of mine, and was actually my entry into the Yakuza series. The game is a rather crazy take on the classic Dragon Quest formula with many references to DQ in the game, both subtle and not-at-all-subtle.

My personal rating: Awesome. It's on plenty of platforms, so take your pick and play!

OIP.jpeg

3745689-vlcsnap-2020-10-12-06h00m37s548.png

_3321713b.jpg

Yakuza-Like-A-Dragon_20191202_03.jpg

What stand-out single player RPG has Sega made since Panzer Dragoon Saga? Probably only this one ( an amazing game as well)

What stand-out single player RPG has Sega made since Panzer Dragoon Saga? Probably only this one ( an amazing game as well)
Hmm, Skies of Arcadia I suppose.

Also, Sega's owned Atlus since late 2013, so I guess you could say all of the newer Persona/Etrian Odyssey/Shin Megami Tensei/Soul Hackers games are Sega RPGs.

Skies of Arcadia?

Sega published Alpha Protocol, too, which I enjoyed despite the occasional jankiness. They also published Resonance of Fate.

And I don’t know if you’d call them “notable” but Sega made several 7th Dragon RPGs, one of which came West, and a bunch of Shining action RPGs, four of which came West.

Resonance of Fate looks amazing(didnt even know about it)! Pity that it seems its no longer a Sega IP due to sega not being mentioned on the Steam page, I'll try to give it a look - It has that Wachenroeder vibe going for it

Resonance of Fate looks amazing(didnt even know about it)! Pity that it seems its no longer a Sega IP due to sega not being mentioned on the Steam page, I'll try to give it a look - It has that Wachenroeder vibe going for it

Yeah, I think the rights reverted to the developer, Tri-Ace. Sega originally published it on Xbox 360 and PS3, though. Kind of a unique battle system, very stylish, has some good weapon crafting.

I played this one the Series S at it's launch. Amazing game. I especially enjoyed all the Dragon Quest references.

Back