Well then, this time its finally voting!

Excellent work guys. I'll burn the cd and give feedback tonight.

I'd like to add one comment though, if you'd like to use my save game copier with a certain save file (it only comes with 10 or so) do this:

1) Download a program like WinISO.

2) Open up the contest iso with winISO, and double click on the SAVES

directory. (it's under app1)

3) Right-click on any empty white space, and then

click on Add Files. From there select the name of the save

game file you want to add to the cd.

4) Now this step is important, so pay attention. All saves

on the Saturn MUST have 11 character names. All files on

a cd are limited to 8 character names with 3 character

extensions. If you want your iso to work properly on a

Saturn you have to rename the file to an 8.3 character file.

For example if the file your adding is FPS_6MEN_01, it

would be renamed to FPS_6MEN._01. got it? Here's more

examples:

GRANDIA_001 -> GRANDIA_.001

_DEATHTANK_ -> _DEATHTA.NK_

THREE_DIRTY -> THREE_DI.RTY

The Save Game Copier automatically renames it back for you.

You can get saves from http://www.planetweb.com/gamexch/, as well other fan sites around the web.

5) Save the iso, and burn as normal.

Also keep the total number of saves less than 15, I had bugs when I tried with more then that number.

How long is the vote open for? I gotta burn the cd and try 'em all out sometime soon. Thanks for all the great work in the contest :)

---Ammut

Hello lucky Saturn fans!

Please note that my MineSweeper game is intended for use on a real Saturn. Any problems you might have with it using an emulator are not my fault, but a lack of hardware support of the emulator.

In my MineSweeperSaturn archive, there are special binaries for use with GiriGiri6a or similar emus that have problems with sound.

Thanks & enjoy playing,

The Rockin'-B

Some stuff on the cd doesn't work. Nescphp's entry doesn't work, and VBT's NES emu doesn't work either.

Also I had to convert the ISO to US before I could run it....

I've verified with my PAR today for Nescphp demo and it doesn't work too. It works perfectly on emu like my NES emu which work only on emus.

I already said NES emu didn't work, I received my PAR only this week and I wasn't able to debug the problem without it :damn: . I improved some parts in order to add it for the contest (it goes faster than before) but it changed nothing for the display on real Saturn.

Some stuff on the cd doesn't work. Nescphp's entry doesn't work, and VBT's NES emu doesn't work either.

Yes, I told it nescphp weeks ago.

Also I had to convert the ISO to US before I could run it....

Thanks for the info, one CD-R saved :) .

Someone had a look at the number of votes?

This must be a joke! Where are all the Saturn fans gone....

Maybe we should upload the CD to some FTP to bring the games to the gamers! :wanker

I'm guessing there haven't been many yet...

I've downloaded the image, but I haven't burnt it yet. :blush:

Tomorrow! :D

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sep 29, 2003 @ 05:06 PM

Someone had a look at the number of votes?

This must be a joke! Where are all the Saturn fans gone....

Maybe we should upload the CD to some FTP to bring the games to the gamers! :wanker

I can put it on my FTP too but my provider is faster :) Maybe it can be interesting to put it on Edge FTP, there are a lot more people on it.

We can call it "Virtua Fighter 2.zip", it wil have more success :D :D

I can put it on my FTP too but my provider is faster Maybe it can be interesting to put it on Edge FTP, there are a lot more people on it.

We can call it "Virtua Fighter 2.zip", it wil have more success

Hehe, that wuld surely spread the file, but it wouldn´t bring more voters here I guess.

How is it going with the sources VBT? Can you post them here? If they are not to big you can out them in an attachment.

I said I will put them since people make that request to you. But I was not really motivated to put them.

SMS Emu code :huh: It will have a sense to share them if people help me to improve them :)

Pic Viewer

Nes Emu won't count because it works only on emus(maybe it just miss a SCL_DisplayFrame).

We can call it "Virtua Fighter 2.zip", it wil have more success

Yes man, great idea! What about "ECCO.32X" or "ShenMueSaturnBeta.ISO"? Oh yeah, just can't stop laughing.

But back again: it was only partially a joke, we really should put it up under the original name like "SXCC2003.ZIP".

BTW: I made some advertisement for voting. There is a posting over at consolevision, also in their forum and at the german Maniac Online forum. Oh and my homepage, too.

I mentioned the contest on sscollection and I've just seen that emudek talks about it on the headlines :)

VBT, could you please give some info on compatibility of your SMS Plus port?

I tried to play some other games with it using the WinISO program mentioned by slinga above to insert new roms. About 15 or so and all of them where small in size(128-256kByte). But unfortunately none of them was playable :( , most games freezed near the title screen.

And is it capable of playing Game Gear ROMs? From my experience with the GP32, I suppose that these ROMs will play much faster than SMS ROMs.

I just try le Spin! :agree What a game!!!!!

It's really original, fast, and I like this kind of graphics!!!

U must try it!!!!

Sha

:agree :thumbs-up: :agree

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Oct 2, 2003 @ 11:31 AM

VBT, could you please give some info on compatibility of your SMS Plus port?

I tried to play some other games with it using the WinISO program mentioned by slinga above to insert new roms. About 15 or so and all of them where small in size(128-256kByte). But unfortunately none of them was playable :( , most games freezed near the title screen.

And is it capable of playing Game Gear ROMs? From my experience with the GP32, I suppose that these ROMs will play much faster than SMS ROMs.

I choose the games which work perfectly on a real Saturn, there is still a syncho bug but not on the ROM I chose. For GG compatiblity I removed everything, I will put back those part of code soon.

So for the compatiblity, it's perfect on Girigiri but only some games works on real Saturn (I tried only 75 games and I have to test them again to answer you). Also I thought this emu would be only tested with the games I've put.

Back