Well then, this time its finally voting!

Originally posted by Reinhart@Oct 8, 2003 @ 09:42 AM

A big THANK YOU to the two guys who vote for me :)

:huh: What ? Didn't you vote for yourself ? I see, you preferred le sPin. :cool: I also gave my vote to this AWESOME game

:banana :banana :banana :banana <-- me and my friends while playing the le sPin game

:party <-- me and my friends we are happy after playing the AWESOME le sPin game

:bounce <-- me still jumping for joy 2 days after playing le sPin

me --> :bow :bow :smokin: <-- vreuzon

:thumbs-up: le sPin :thumbs-up:

Rockin'b :
I mean I could have left out all that stuff that took so much time [...]

You could, but you should consider that this code is still usefull to other developpers... And developers are not the majority of the voters. Anyway, I spent a lot of time on my game, too; and I think I'm not the only one...

Reinhart:

Ready for the SX Halloween 2k3 coding contest

Rockin'b

But the next contest, I won't give the competitors any chance to beat me .

Now I got the wheel and I don't care about these stupid contests anymore !

(Well, seriously, I got my slime volleyball 6 players almost ready to win the next contest)

Need any help for building the contest web site ?

Originally posted by Reinhart@Oct 8, 2003 @ 08:42 AM

A big THANK YOU to the two guys who vote for me :)

Ready for the SX Halloween 2k3 coding contest ?

Reinhart, you already made other cool stuff before this contest.

I hope to see you back next contest!

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Oct 8, 2003 @ 07:57 PM

Read your pm vbt?

If you are searching someone to send the 1st price to :agree , I'm your man.

BTW: What is decided to be the price for 3rd rank?

We were supposed to have three prices. But we went for one big instead. All who participated will get an SX-T-shirt when they are done though.

Next time I will join seriously. I will have an entry this time. For shure! :blah

I don´t doubt it at all :cheers

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Oct 9, 2003 @ 10:45 PM

We were supposed to have three prices. But we went for one big instead. All who participated will get an SX-T-shirt when they are done though.

so no more Metal Slug and Per4Mer ?

Next time I will join seriously. I will have an entry this time. For shure! :blah

Good luck Daniel ;)

People can make a lot better than you saw Rockin-B.

Originally posted by vbt@Oct 9, 2003 @ 10:06 PM

People can make a lot better than you saw Rockin-B.

I don't know if I understand what you mean. But to give an answer:

I really thought they could. But the contest :confused proved me wrong.

So I'll change my winning strategy to yours, VBT. My project that was planed for the next contest is canceled! It's not worth it to create a game only for the contest that the people have fun to play with.

And I don't know for sure if the better voting of next contest can really handle things like "massive fanclub voting" or "voting for the wrong properties". I don't know what these people voted for :huh: , but one thing is for sure: they did not vote for the best entry! And if you think that anyone has fun playing something buggy & unfinished :rant , then your totally wrong, VBT.

If the rules accept my entry, I'll blow you all :banana !

No excuses for noone. Not for the voters and not for the coders.

Originally posted by vbt@Oct 10, 2003 @ 06:58 PM

mmmmmm, you're really a bad loser, now I think you don't deserve a prize. :angry:

Definitely! Must have been in a bad mood :puke: this morning...

so no more Metal Slug and Per4Mer ?

Metal Slug is the big price. And as for the Per4mer it was from Mr Saturn. I didn´t know anything about it until he mentioned it here. Very nice of you Mr Saturn!

And I don't know for sure if the better voting of next contest can really handle things like "massive fanclub voting" or "voting for the wrong properties". I don't know what these people voted for , but one thing is for sure: they did not vote for the best entry!

Really, even if you have to leave a comment or anything its not hard to cheat. If that is what you mean. Either we do a limit so that only known members of SX can vote, but that would make the voting rate very low and would keep the contest inside the "walls" of SX. Or either we trust that people won´t cheat. I don´t know if there is any safe way. (or any other for that matter).

What we could do is to vote for some judges who will decide who wins.

For voting, we would need one or more people who are really qualified to judge all aspects(graphic, sound, gameplay, bugs, usability, sourcecode, documentation, replay value).

Really cool would be a review like the magazines do, discussing all those aspects and judging them with the result beeing an overall score ore similar.

Possibly 3 judges who make 3 reviews.

We cannot only let the prices be determined by voting, but voting can be one factor that influences the decision to a certain percentage. Maybe the voting result could have a weight like one of the aspects above.

What do you think?

Originally posted by antime@Oct 12, 2003 @ 09:34 AM

And just what makes a "qualified judge"? Is it someone who will vote for you?

No, of course not!(Sorry for my explicit words earlier, I had a lot of disappointment with this contest. After I realized that I made it for nothing - except for the few people who voted for me - I could not hold back my anger :blush: .)

Just someone who is not influenced by any of the participants, like personal friends and fanclubs usually are. Also he should be able to evaluate the supplied sourcecode. Normal gamers cannot.

Do you really think the voters cared about all the aspects that I mentioned above?

A review about all games which investigates, compares and rates all interesting aspects for every game is what I think of.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Oct 12, 2003 @ 02:10 PM

Just someone who is not influenced by any of the participants, like personal friends and fanclubs usually are. Also he should be able to evaluate the supplied sourcecode. Normal gamers cannot.

That's why I say before (on the second page) we should take in account technical things like SBL/SGL, SBL is harder so it should count more than SGL, etc .

For judges we can take people who don't participate to the contest like SX moderators, especially Antime and Ex-CYber :) They have good knowledge on Saturn programming.

calimero.jpg

I'll write a longer post on this subject later, but why should the sourcecode make any difference? Should you get penalised for not using K&R indentation or for using too many globals?

Originally posted by sonik@Oct 8, 2003 @ 06:59 AM

And vbt, where is the logo I created for the contest? ;)

euuh, in fact I was late and took the first pic I found as the SX background CD. I forgot to put yours :blush:

Ok VBT, no problem.

Anyway, thanks for the Loader. This way we can test out all the contest programs in one CD. Good job!

Back