Well then, this time its finally voting!

I didn't know this thread was still going on...

Mr Saturn : As I told you in a pm, I received the per4mer. Well, The wheel does not work, but I'm not over with that thing. I'll try to open and fix it. Yes, and maybe read the (as yet) hidden manual before.

Rockin'B : I see the contest as a way to publicize our programs (so people actually use them), and a synchronisation for all developers to be busy coding (and ready to answer questions) at the same time. And most of all, it's supposed to be funny.

From my player point of view, here are some comments on your game (only the negative aspects: you don't seem to need anybody for telling its qualities! and it's MY opinion) :

- It lacks a real interaction between the two players. I think both player should start with the same bomb disposition (or at least, if you want them to have different grid sizes, it could be an option). Then why only two players. You have room for four players at least !

- replay is useless in this kind of game, as nothing visually sensational happens. But you did a good work, and some part could be reusable.

- the grids are not idealy located on the screen (why at the bottom ?)

- some display bugs remain (doesn't bother me, but some dislike)

But the sound is just perfect (don't remove the noise behind the voices!).

So, what about your entry in the next contesst ?

V.

(vbt: hope you don't mind about the "crazy cars" and other anymore. It was just a joke to make you

react as we really believed you were the amiga programer of crazy cars II....)

Originally posted by vreuzon@Oct 21, 2003 @ 05:22 PM

Rockin'B : I see the contest as a way to publicize our programs (so people actually use them)...

That´s what i thought, so please vbt, vreuzon, rockin-b and all the other developers out there, publicize your work on my site (just try it what it looks like)

SEGA Developers Crew

Originally posted by sonik@Oct 21, 2003 @ 04:07 PM

Ok VBT, no problem.

Anyway, thanks for the Loader. This way we can test out all the contest programs in one CD. Good job!

:)

thanks. I'll try to do a better work next time.

From my player point of view, here are some comments on your game (only the negative aspects: you don't seem to need anybody for telling its qualities! and it's MY opinion) :

Thanks a lot for these thoughts, this could help me.

- It lacks a real interaction between the two players. I think both player should start with the same bomb disposition (or at least, if you want them to have different grid sizes, it could be an option). Then why only two players. You have room for four players at least !

The mode lacks interaction, that's right. Same as in games like columns and tetris. I don't know if there is a way to increase interaction... .

Giving both players the same bomb positions would make player 1 take advantage from player 2's work and vice versa. No fairplay.

To increase the number of players is a good idea! Didn't do that, because I did not know how and it was only ment as a goodie. 2P sounds better than 1P, doesn't it?

- replay is useless in this kind of game, as nothing visually sensational happens.

But you did a good work, and some part could be reusable.

Yes, that's true. I did it because I like replays very much. It allows for demoplay and vintage feelings when you look at old replays.

New idea: 1P fight against a replay. could be cool, eh?

- the grids are not idealy located on the screen (why at the bottom ?)

The placement is well thought. Small playing fields are placed under the HUD, but also huge playing fields can take up the whole screen.

- some display bugs remain (doesn't bother me, but some dislike)

Yes, there is one bug somewhere. Has something to do with memory access and stuff. Could not find it yet, but I could make it more stable. When someone finds it, please let me know!

But the sound is just perfect (don't remove the noise behind the voices!).

Cool that you like my voice. My friend who always lost the 2P battles doesn't :p . But as far as I remember, there is no noise in the background, because I removed it with CoolEdit.

Originally, I planed to take a little kid, but due to lack of time, I could not take the samples of my little nethew.

So, what about your entry in the next contesst ?

Oh, sorry that I cannot give a concrete answer. I have to choose from 3 entries(but not yet decided):

1: This is the best choice from the players standpoint. But not a very new thing. I originally intended to do this. But I don't expect devving it to be very interesting.

2: Has the biggest potential and is the best choice from the developers viewpoint. Could give quite impressive graphics. This was ment to blow ya all ;) .

3: A new idea that had come again to my mind in the last time. It's something new. No similar homebrew game exists.

Currently, I tend to take the last. This will include a level editor in java. I would really like a discussion like this before the contest ends, because the new ideas can really make a game better. Maybe I will release the leven editor long before the contest ends, because I have not the knowledge and not the time to make a complete game. I will make a small, but good sample or demo. But with the help of others.....

Back