2 dreamcast questions

1) is a long beeping sound when booting the system normal. my friend says his does not beep. i purchased this as a used system and it always beeped before displaying the splash screen. btw the beep comes from the system itself not the tv.

2) does ne1 have one of those 200 X 4 memory cards how do you use one of those. i purchased it used also and ofcourse it has no instructions. all my controlers have 2 memory cards in them and i usualy have 2 controlers pluged in. the memory card is in the second slot of the first controler.

i figured the way you change the page on the memory card is to hit the button on the side. when i do that the LEDs light up in a diferent patern with each press of the button. also when i do that the memory card in the second controler in the first slot gets fucked up and i have to format it each time i press that button in the memory card in the first controler in the second slot --- does ne1 have any input on this

Originally posted by googlefest1@Sep. 05 2002, 6:31 pm

1) is a long beeping sound when booting the system normal. my friend says his does not beep. i purchased this as a used system and it always beeped before displaying the splash screen. btw the beep comes from the system itself not the tv.

VMUs emit a beep on powerup if their batteries have run out. Change them and they'll stay quiet. (Alternatively open the VMU and cut the leads to the speaker.)

ok but if they bateries died how come they are still retaining the saves

i dont mind the beep i was just worried that there was something wrong with the thing

The batteries are for when using the VMU for minigames etc. The saves are held in flash ROM and are thus not dependent on the batteries.

googlefest1 Posted on Sep. 05 2002, 10:31 am

2) does ne1 have one of those 200 X 4 memory cards how do you use one of those. i purchased it used also and ofcourse it has no instructions. all my controlers have 2 memory cards in them and i usualy have 2 controlers pluged in. the memory card is in the second slot of the first controler.

if you're not doing so already, i'd suggest you only change the file when you're at the dreamcast file manager or a save/load prompt

otherwise do a little trial and error, try a different controller then a different memory card in the second controller port

if it keeps happening plug it into the third port

or else skip the second vmu as it represents a meager 1/6th of your save space.

Back