2D or 3D gaming?

I choose.... I choooose... BOTH!

Seriously, I voted for 2D, as I do favor 2D games. But there are some games I wouldn't WANT in 2D.

I also like both. Some games work better in 2D, others are better 3D. I couldnt really choose between them unless you specified a particular game genre.

I vote 2D.

Although I don't mind 3D. Can you imagine VF Evolution in 2D? Hm...

Yes, I have played (and own. Bought January 1997) the MD/Genny version of VF. That's where I got all my skills from before I bought my Saturn three years later (August 2000) with VF2 and Fighters Megamix.

Very smart responses :cool: You can't really compare 2D and 3D , but on a whole, 2D seems more faster and action packed than 3D. And I like that :blush: So my vote goes to 2D.

I voted 2D because in practice, it's easier to screw up a 3D game than a 2D one, and the results we have today show it. But intrinsically there's nothing wrong with either one.

2D

because we have now 3D for 3D not 3D when it is REALLY needed

and i hate playing a game, find it marvellous the 10 first second then cry when i see "looooooading" every 3minutes or see through wall

with the current machine power, they can do 2D games so marvelous!!

but they do 3D games because it is a 3D machine

sad....

it's why i love the Saturn...who fought against the SO DIRTY 3D games of the PSX

Sad things is, a survey of all people, including non-gamers, 2d would be blown away. I would love see more 2d games.

When it comes to graphics I tend not to care as much either way. There's definitely something to be said for both 2D and 3D graphics when they are well done, and each can capture things that the other can't.

As for gameplay, however, I find 2D to be far superior to 3D in most cases, with the clear exceptions being games that simply can't be done in 2D. Even then, I tend not to like 3D games even if they are exclusive. The way I see it, the D-pad is 2D and so is the television, so 2D gameplay is naturally easier and more intuitive to construct, understand and control. The fact that there is no 3rd axis also means that there is much less information for the player to process, in spite of the fact that we can better relate to 3D physically ourselves. What that means is that 2D games can have much more action and intensity overall, and often be more precise. These things among others, I feel, are key elements in making good gameplay.

Since I consider gameplay to be of the most critical aspect of a game, you probably won't be surprised to hear that my collection consists almost entirely of 2D games. It's good to see so many others of similar tastes here. :thumbs-up:

From a artistic point of view, "ya pas photo", the 2 dimentional drawing wins.

When you see a KOF charater (each position is drawed by a artist, pixel/pixel).

And a VF character (3d model).

You finaly see that the KOF one is a real piece of art.

On the other hand 3d allow more things and faster things (dynamic lights...)

I'm sure that, in 2200AC when you'll show KOF 96 and VF 2004, the guy will answer: "VF is a real shit!".

But, this is only my point of view.

I'm not sure that lots of guys have the same point of view ,lol.

Back