32x = complete crap?

I only had two games for it.... a football one, and another one (Forget what it is) They were good, just dont like the 32X thing itself.

Contrary to popular opinion the fcc metal sheilding really does make a difference.

On Model 1 genesis the sheilding makes the 32x run in an unstable way (its somethiung to do with a buildup of electrons causing a similar effect to emp... believe me I tested it with an ammetre).

because the megadrive 2 doesn't chew up as much power (about a third of that used by model 1) it does not produce the same effect in the sheilding and so does not make the mushroom unstable.

It all goes to show that sega had a good idea but brought it out too quickly... but too late.

Oh and by the way this info was not made up... it was from a guy who used to work as a sega tech in Scotland.

:cool:

Its true for the PAL version of farihent for Sega CD (not the 32X version), even it the 32x is not even pluged up to the system, it just needs to be in the cart slot.

Radsil,

What's wrong with "korean factories"? I think they are just as dirty as "american factories" or "taiwanese factories"...hehe just messin...

I'm korean so I just wanted to say that...hehehe.

But i'm sure they are dirty as heck.

Kyosuke75

all in all i think the 32x is a cute lil piece of gear

nice way to turn your genesis into a super nintendo

i juss wanted to comment on the post way back in the thread about nothing but video sigs being transferred to the genny... this just doesnt ring true..

how would the 32x communicate with / or know the existence of the sega cd? and why does a genny/32x with no cd require that terminator plug on the cd expansion port? not having had time to become a complete genesis junkie, its obvious theres some shared I/O at work

the 32x must have a memory segment to work in, it just doesnt make sense otherwise. i'm sure it writes directly into the genesis' framebuffer, and i'm sure no games for it made any real use of the genesis hardware, but the possibility probalby existed that they could have.

i mean if it didnt do anything but piggy back onto the video out of the genesis, theres no reason it shouldnt have been a standalone console..

but, as for the post, i've never had a 32x problem with either of the ones I own, on my model 1 or 2..

and anyone who wants to badmouth 32x, all i have to say is 'knuckles chaotix'

"i juss wanted to comment on the post way back in the thread about nothing but video sigs being transferred to the genny... this just doesnt ring true.."

I don't think anyone made this claim. Arakon said that video was the only thing transmitted over the *cable* that connects the Genesis to the 32X, but that's the closest thing that I can find.

"how would the 32x communicate with / or know the existence of the sega cd?"

It doesn't really need to. As long as the Genesis 68000 can move data into and out of the 32X, the 32X doesn't necessarily need direct CD access, or even know where the data is coming from at all.

"i'm sure it writes directly into the genesis' framebuffer"

Genesis doesn't have a framebuffer. As far as I know, 32X writes into its own framebuffer, the contents of which are combined with the Genesis VDP's output.

"i mean if it didnt do anything but piggy back onto the video out of the genesis, theres no reason it shouldnt have been a standalone console.. "

Well, there is one big reason. It *was* released in 1994, you know...

Quote: from kyosuke75 on 2:52 am on Dec. 6, 2001

What's wrong with "korean factories"? I think they are just as dirty as "american factories" or "taiwanese factories"

them korean factories ARE dirty as ####..at least most of them, except for those that let elementary/preschool classes tour the factories. now, THOSE (i.e. kia) factories are squeaky clean. at least on the days they visit.

Back