3do game disks

i have a few 3do game disks i was trying to rip and when i use cdrwin an error will occur telling me there are unreadable sectors on it and quits

these games DO work in the 3do and i would like to post them up and for that i need to make an image

has ne1 had a problem like this and got around it -- i wasthinking of making a copy of the disk with clonecd disregarding the bad sectors and then riping with cdrwin -- do you guys think this will work - or will the empty spaces on the clone not be readable by cdrwin

please any sugestions

Just rip your 3DO game with Nero (by initiating a CD-to-CD copy and aborting after reading the source disc, at which point you'll have an .nrg image.)

CDRWin sometimes stumbles over the gaps between tracks and erroneously reports them as bad sectors, but they're not.

Your alternative would be using CloneCD to make an image of your disc, with the option for a .cue file ENABLED. You'll have four files: .img .sub .ccd and .cue. Delete the .ccd and .sub file, and treat the .img and .cue files like a regular BIN/CUE set (except that the .bin file has the ending .img in this case - don't change it back to .bin unless you change the .cue file accordingly, as well).

Actually copying a 3DO game with CloneCD will give you a 1:1 backup on which CDRWin will still fail, so that's a pointless thing to do.

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 15, 2003 @ 10:33 AM

Just rip your 3DO game with Nero (by initiating a CD-to-CD copy and aborting after reading the source disc, at which point you'll have an .nrg image.)

Or, go to Recorder/Choose Recorder/Image Recorder and do a copy.

Back