9/11 conspiracy or not? You decide..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 4, 2004 @ 06:27 AM

The "proof" in this Flash video is about as compelling as the arguments from the "moon landing was a hoax" guys, and falls apart almost as easily upon closer examination.

Yeah but that never stops people from putting ridiculous crap out there to bend little minds.

Edit: I could say a lot of harsh things, but I won't. I'll just say that my father was at the aftermath helping in the clean up effort, collecting evidence and so forth. It was not good. They had dogs to help find remains.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 4, 2004 @ 01:27 AM

The "proof" in this Flash video is about as compelling as the arguments from the "moon landing was a hoax" guys, and falls apart almost as easily upon closer examination.

it all depends on what you choose to believe. the link you provided really only offers another viewpoint on all accounts from the original flash and as such can be just as true or untrue as the flash. it also doesnt even bother mentioning where all the security tapes went, what was on them and how there wasnt the aforementioned backwash on the interstate. it only answers what it can conviently answer and nothing more. if i chose to believe one i would believe the flash first because of the sheer number of points it brings up.

but i could care less about believeing either. somethin DID happen and people got killed either way. doesnt metter to me who, or what did it.

it all depends on what you choose to believe. the link you provided really only offers another viewpoint on all accounts from the original flash and as such can be just as true or untrue as the flash.

That's true, if you want to assume that any random website and Snopes are equally likely to provide good information. In general, Snopes has a very good track record, cites sources extensively, and doesn't dump everything into an artsy Flash animation that has more drama than data.

it only answers what it can conviently answer and nothing more. if i chose to believe one i would believe the flash first because of the sheer number of points it brings up.

One can bring up a virtually unlimited number of points if unsourced and unverifiable information is considered acceptable; those pushing for the truth can only fight back with things that actually exist.

Do I think that our government is being utterly forthcoming and honest about every detail of what happened on September 11, 2001? Of course not. One need only look to the redaction of Saudi-related information in the original 9/11 report to verify that much (this sort of became an "open secret" through various hints dropped by disgruntled government officials who couldn't actually come out and say it in public - IIRC Bill Maher joked with one, probably Senator Bob Graham, that "whichever country this is, it must be a veritable Mecca for terrorist activity", eliciting something of a chuckle). Do I believe that it's possible that the official version of events doesn't track 100% with reality? Absolutely. However, anyone criticizing the mainstream interpretation of the evidence needs to offer some kind of solid support for their arguments in order to convince me that they aren't vastly more full of crap than the government is. Repetition, animated text, and ominous music don't do that for me.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep 5, 2004 @ 12:08 AM

However, anyone criticizing the mainstream interpretation of the evidence needs to offer some kind of solid support for their arguments in order to convince me that they aren't vastly more full of crap than the government is. Repetition, animated text, and ominous music don't do that for me.

Welcome to The Minority.

I have to agree with others. I don't trust the government. I'm sure they are covering up aspects of 9/11. However, that flash thing did nothing to convince me. Yes it sure was nice looking, and a good use of flash. But the fact is, to believe what they claim, I would need to see real evidence.

One part that really bugged me; someone made they comment that the FBI took their surveilance tapes and they never say them again. I managed a store in the Mall of America. Some prick broke in and stole crap loads of stuff. The police took the security tapes from me, and I never got them back. Does that mean the police were covering something up? No. Evidence in a crime is not returned while the investigation is open.

:lol:

Attachments

• believe.jpg
    believe.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 120
  • believe.jpg
    believe.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 126
This is not the first time I've seen something like this (the flash animation, not the pic, Ice ;)). Physics 911 has a decent sized writeup regarding the pentagon crash featuring some cute pseudo-scientific arguments. They do make some interesting points about cell phone calls from aircraft, however.

One thing is common to most of these theories though - the number just don't add up. They never seem to mention just where they think these planes (particularly flight 77) actually are or what happened to them, becuase I don't think anyone can deny they are missing.

ooh...the pentagon dilema...again... :)

or how a BIG airplane could vanished :)

let be clear...since the begginning, for me, US Air Force shut down the airplane (for a good reason) and use another attack against Pentagon to don't have to talk about it...

I read some scientifists writeup about this "vanishing"...it's hard to accept a so big airplane could disappear like this....sorry, it's been a long time, i don't have links...but they could easy be found with google i think

If the flash movie is showing true pics and not hidding (the movie & perforation pic):

Its an evidence that the boing never hit the wall.

The big hole through the +10 walls may be a reactor but if the walls are shielded, its can only be a missile header (used to perforate some armor before dropping the bomb).

So, if all is true, why did the officials tell us about a boing?

---------------------------

I better think that these pics are fakes...

Originally posted by Kaneda@Sep 6, 2004 @ 09:17 AM

let be clear...since the begginning, for me, US Air Force shut down the airplane (for a good reason) and use another attack against Pentagon to don't have to talk about it...

I read some scientifists writeup about this "vanishing"...it's hard to accept a so big airplane could disappear like this....sorry, it's been a long time, i don't have links...but they could easy be found with google i think

Im sorry but babblefish did you wrong please try again .

what a joke. is this what this place is becoming of late? I am appalled by the stupidity in this forum of late.

Originally posted by Lyzel@Sep 6, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

what a joke. is this what this place is becoming of late? I am appalled by the stupidity in this forum of late.

I am appalled by your poor grammar. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back