A 4-in-1 that's not Action Replay

Take a look at this Satellite 4in1Card for sale at Lik-Sang.com.

It's not the Action Replay 4M Plus, but it sounds just the same, and it's a lot cheaper.

Does anyone know anything about this card? It looks as if the only thing that it doesn't have is the cheat-function.

I'm wanting to buy one, but wanted to get some advice on whether this was a good purchase or not.

Basically I'm wondering if there is anything bad about this product.

From the looks of it, it's just an ST-Key...

No RAM expansion...

No Cheat function...

No Save memory...

A 1in1, if you will o_O

That's weird, because if you look at the FAQ for that product, Lik-Sang says that it has a 1MB and 4MB expansion, as well as save function.

I wouldn't trust it if it isn't Action Replay. You never know what problems might come up, and nobody would have any idea how to fix them when they do.

i bought a satellite 4-in-1 from liksang weeks ago, and it IS the same exact thing as an action replay 4m+. in fact, i think it is an action replay 4m plus without the sticker. The pic of the satellite 4 in 1 on the website isnt what it really looks like, it looks like an action replay4m plus without the sticker

muffinman, does it have the ACTION REPLAY screen after the Sega Saturn startup screen?

Also, open it up and take a look at the PCB. Compare it to this. Someone else with a generic 4-in-1 had the 4MB problem and couldn't mod it because the PCB was completely different.

There is a product called "Satellite" out there that just is to get rid of imports. Its grey, with a black label. It comes up with a short boot screen while it loads and asks you to put the game in, you push a button and it starts.

Hopefully they don't have the wrong picture for the wrong thing :D, but anyway, thats the only Sattellite I heard of.

I ordered one of the satelite 4in1 cards a few weeks ago.

It's not a real Action Replay 4in1, in fact it has just 3 functions:

- Satelite Function to boot games of any region code

- Memory Backup >8000 blocks

- Cheat Code Function just like the Action Replay

It's definetly not a Ram Expansion Card !

I tested it with Dungeons and Dragons Collection and it does not work.

muffinman943 said he bought it and it was a RAM expansion.

ground zero said he bought it and it WASN'T a RAM expansion.

I couldn't care less about the cheat function. I'd rather have RAM.

So I guess I'll let everyone know what lik-sang replies with.

By the way, is there ANY cheaper alternative to getting extra save space, 1MB, and 4MB RAM expansion? Preferrably all in one card?

From what I've seen on eBay, it might be cheaper to buy everything individually.

And it's not really much of a difference, considering you can't save directly to any of the 4-in-1\5-in-1's.

when i boot up my satellite 4-in-1 it goes to the action replay screen. mine doesnt have a black label, and mine does have RAM expansion( tested it with metalslug)

i was a little suprised when i got mine, i thought it would only play imports, but is just like a 4m plus

Are you absolutely positive it's the one in that link?

If so, I'll try to buy it.

Also, how much did you pay for yours? Same price?

It's almost certainly not a 4-in-1. Check the quantity pricing; 5 for around $5/each? You'd be lucky to get just the flash chips for that. Xinga's price on their 4-in-1 cart is $15/each for 50, by the way.

no, i only tried it with 1m ram games. but the picture of it on liksangs website is a fake picture of it. i bought mine for 10.00 off of liksang and when i recieved the product it looked exactly like my bros action replay 4m plus only without the sticker. the startup screen is the same as the ar 4-in-1. IT IS AN ACTION REPLAY 4M PLUS ONLY WITHOUT THE STICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well, it may only have 1m ram, i never played a 4m ram game)

about 8000 blocks, BTW it doesnt have a comms link cable. I may be wrong about the ram part, i can run metal slug without anything in the cartrage slot.( my friend modded my saturn to have more ram somehow)

Originally posted by muffinman943@Aug 5, 2003 @ 01:50 PM

about 8000 blocks, BTW it doesnt have a comms link cable. I may be wrong about the ram part, i can run metal slug without anything in the cartrage slot.( my friend modded my saturn to have more ram somehow)

Physically impossible. Can't Metal Slug RUN without the RAM, just will have worse animation? Or does it *require* it?

I've heard tell of metal slug sometimes requiring the cart and sometimes not. The copy i have requires it, but I've heard others say that it doesn't require it.

mine required it, thats why my friend did the mod to my damn ass saturn... if ur looking for 1m ram, dont take ur chances on the satellite 4in1. just buy an action replay

Or tell us more about this "mod!"

If there is such a mod, I'd happily do it.

Back