A little Satourne update.

Translation of news:

Even though Satourne's activity has been low for a while, this hasn't stopped Fabien Autrel to work intensively on his Saturn emulator... mostly on wiping out major bugs and working on the new interface which is much easier to use :

Satourne now support multiple languages; all you need to do is add your translation of the interface in a text file and thats it. The new language will be automatically detected and added to the list of available languages. Currently, there is a french, english and smurfs language file.

The plugins have also been simplified. There are only 4 now: one for the Video, one for Controllers, one for Sound and one for CD.

A configuration wizard has also been added to help people configure the emulator. It asks to choose and configure the plugins and also the path to the bios...

New feature also: you will be able to dump textures from a game but you'll be able to also replace them with reworked or higher quality ones. Plugin development will also be easier than the previous versions, hoping that more people will try and make some...

While we wait for the next version, there will be a public test release. If you think you can help Satourne than give us a sign.

http://satourne.consollection.com/

Originally posted by Drenholm@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 07:27 PM

Really dumb question... where do I download this? I don't understand French past "bonjour". :(

Edit: Fixed
tag

[post=130755]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

You can't, it's still in alpha stage hence not released

Mind you, that last A-Saturn screen shot seems to be a little under a year old.

Originally posted by Borisz@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 11:18 PM

well, at least now we have more then 5 people who know that it isn't dead.

[post=130764]Quoted post[/post]​

Could you stop whining please ? That's all you're doing lately.

You don't like the way Fabien handles his public relations ? Fine.

Look somewhere else and shut the fuck up please :flamethrower:

Jeez ... you're bitching when there's no news, you're bitching when

there's news, you really must have a sad life ...

Well, it's not me who replies to everything by "I can't work on this regularly I have a life shut the fuck up".

Mind you, that last A-Saturn screen shot seems to be a little under a year old.

I don't know if you checked, but all of the pics have a huge timespan between each other. The last BBS entry is a little over a month old.

Originally posted by Borisz@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 07:52 PM

Well, it's not me who replies to everything by "I can't work on this regularly I have a life shut the fuck up".

[post=130795]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't recall anybody saying that ...

irc:

[00:30:07] <Guyllaume> yes, and he could work on satourne day and night, stop sleeping and eating

[00:30:24] <Guyllaume> but, sadly, he got a life :/

email from fabien:

Hey, don't you think I have a life??!!! I can't work on satourne regulary!! I

don't owe you anything! I don't make satourne to please you!!

Originally posted by Borisz@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 09:24 PM

[00:30:07] <Guyllaume> yes, and he could work on satourne day and night, stop sleeping and eating

[00:30:24] <Guyllaume> but, sadly, he got a life

That's called irony ...

Seriously, what is your problem ? What does this log has to do with anything, besides proving

that your getting on a lot of saturn emu coders nerves ?

email from fabien:

Hey, don't you think I have a life??!!! I can't work on satourne regulary!! I

don't owe you anything! I don't make satourne to please you!!

That's easy to put an answer to something without the original mail. I guess you asked

him (like a lot of people before you) "Hey, are you still working on your emu ? I want newz !"

Anybody would be angry after receiving this kind of mail 20 times a day, and you're not special.

Emulation is a hobby, don't push people to do things if they're not able to or they can't. A lot of people (including Fabien, Guillaume and myself) has a life besides computers, it's a shame you don't appear to be one of them.

You didn't pay anything for Satourne or any other free emu, and like Fabien said, he doesn't owe you anything. It's his work, and he does what he wants whenever he wants with it. Don't try, you won't change that ;)

Originally posted by Runik@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 02:49 PM

That's called irony ...

Seriously, what is your problem ? What does this log has to do with anything, besides proving

that your getting on a lot of saturn emu coders nerves ?

That's easy to put an answer to something without the original mail. I guess you asked

him (like a lot of people before you) "Hey, are you still working on your emu ? I want newz !"

Anybody would be angry after receiving this kind of mail 20 times a day, and you're not special.

Emulation is a hobby, don't push people to do things if they're not able to or they can't. A lot of people (including Fabien, Guillaume and myself) has a life besides computers, it's a shame you don't appear to be one of them.

You didn't pay anything for Satourne or any other free emu, and like Fabien said, he doesn't owe you anything. It's his work, and he does what he wants whenever he wants with it. Don't try, you won't change that ;)

[post=130801]Quoted post[/post]​

He posted a news saying that Satourne is not dead and he welcomes any kind of suggestions for it. I sent a mail saying that it would be wise if he puts up WIP pics so ppl will know that the project is not dead and its worth keeping an eye on. That was his reply on it.

I talked to many emu authors or program coders with suggestions and questions, and interestingly only the people from here got pissed off from me.

Back