A question about a few Saturn games.

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Anyone care to explain what these pieces saturn software are? Are they demos? compilations? What type of game? etc.

Sega Saturn Choice Cuts

Sega Screams

Netlink Game Pack

Netlink Browser Version 3.0

Netlink Browser Version 2.0

Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams... (demo or actual game?)

3 Free Games Pack

Thanks all.

Hmm, I think the netlink software is to do with that saturn modem thingy, only launched in Japan I think.

Christmas NiGHTS was a special xmas edition of NiGHTS, I got my copy of it on the front of a Saturn magazine.

Sega Saturn Choice Cuts <-Music cd

Sega Screams <-Music cd

Netlink Game Pack <-Virtual on and daytona for netlink

Netlink Browser Version 3.0 <-Browser (was released in the us)

Netlink Browser Version 2.0 <-Browser (was released in the us)

Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams <-first level demo with a lot of artwork and such

3 Free Games Pack <-daytona, virtua fighter 2, and virtua cop which came with the saturn at one point

Netlink Game Pack was netlink versions Virtual On and Sega Rally Championship.

You had to order netlink Daytona from Sega themselves.

sega screams is NOT a music cd, I own it, and when I play it, it comes up as Sega Saturn bootleg sampler II.

I guess it basically lets you play alot of games that never came out for it right before it died, and dreamcast came out. At least thats what I get outta it. I dont own any of the games for my Saturn that are on the CD, so they might be just beta demos?? Im not sure tho.....

allright...Now nobody laugh here, like I said before, I do not have very many Saturn Games so im not sure if these ever came out or not.... they are:

1. Virtual ON Cyber Troopers

2. Daytona USA Championship Circut Edition

3. Bug TOO!

4. Three Dirty Dwarves

5. Baku Baku Animal: World Zookeeper Contest

6. Mr. Bones

7. Sega Worldwide Soccer '97

8. Fighting Vipers

9. Virtua Cop 2

10. Dark Savior

they all say demonstration footage taken from a game still under development.

All those games saw a release, and all those demos were also on the 'Sega Flash' demo CD's we got here in the UK. :biggrin:

I've got Bootleg Sampler vol 1, never seen vol 2 tho :( It might be rare :biggrin:

wasn't cyber troopers on the dc? Cause i know that virtual on was on the saturn but there was a virtual on 2 on the dreamcast. Or was virtual on: cyber troopers the full name? DIdn't see it printed on the arcade machene so i'm just curious.

(Edited by Gallstaff at 9:09 pm on April 2, 2002)

Quote: from Gallstaff on 8:09 pm on April 2, 2002

wasn't cyber troopers on the dc? Cause i know that virtual on was on the saturn but there was a virtual on 2 on the dreamcast. Or was virtual on: cyber troopers the full name? DIdn't see it printed on the arcade machene so i'm just curious.
No, the one for the DC is called Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram (VOOT for short ;)).

As for the arcade, I belive there are 3 versions:

I always hated Virtual On, but it came with my Saturn. I'm a diehard Armored Core GOD. The mecha in VO never felt like they had mass. You just skated and hopped around shooting fairy dust at your opponent. Everything looked as if it were being driven from the hip. It's a nice series, I'll give it that, but if I want a deep mecha game, I'll get Armored Core. In fact, I bought ALL of them. If I want a mecha fighting game, I'll get Tech Romancer. Wait a minute, I bought that too.

Back