A question about Nintendo's 8cm medium DVDs...

I just recently bought a Gamecube and picked up Resident Evil Zero and Metroid Prime!! All I can say is AWESOME!!! My only worry though is with Metroid Prime since it is a used copy from EB and has some pressure marks on the CD. The game has worked smoothly so far without a hitch,-(I just picked up the morph bombs and saved) but is there any reason I should worry about error correction later on in the game? Thanks! :)

I have _never_ had a problem with any of my GC discs. Which is fairly good when you compare it to the hassles I've had with my PS2 and regular DVDs and especially CDs (which are much more common media).

I have heard of people (Fabrizo) having problems with certain sections of Metroid Prime due to scratches, but that is the only real case of disc failure that I remember.

Well, actualy my copy of metroid prime was mint that had problems. But that was just a production fault of some sort. I have never had a disc get so scratched that it wouldn't play properly (and I have had some VERY scratched discs).

Back