A Saturn cartridge that can play backups????

Well i was on a forum and someone posted a link to this site

http://www.sintech-shop.de/shop.htm?sega_saturn_hardware.htm

if you go down the list youll see something called Game Hunter and the guy on the forum emailed the shop about the cartridge.

What the guy on forum said

I did not believe at first but as I called the owner of the shop he said that it is true. This Cartridge will play Backups without any modification on the saturn.

I am thinkin about orderin this lil piece of liberty..

What do you think guys has someone finally invented a cartridge that can boot backups? In my opinion its just a 3 in 1 cart, if there had been a cart to do this it would have been big news among the saturn community and we would have heard about it now. I cant seem to find this cartrdige anywhere else on the net which is weird. Hoping one of the people here knows something about it.

saturngamehunter.jpg

If it's true, it would definitely be a first. Order one and find out. Then again, they also claim their modchips can play imports, so I'd call bullshit.

Originally posted by antime@Mar 14, 2004 @ 02:08 PM

If it's true, it would definitely be a first. Order one and find out. Then again, they also claim their modchips can play imports, so I'd call bullshit.

Im still sceptical myself as i havent found cartridge anywhere else, and until someone tests it and shows a video of it in action then ill believe it. Still if its true im suprised its taken so long as im sure it could have been done years ago.

Ahh, but modchips DO play imports with an import-enabling cart or further modifications to your saturn.

Just like this cartridge plays backups without any modifications to the cartridge itself, assuming you have a modchip or use the swap method.

I used to know a guy about a year ago here in the UK who said he could play CDRs on his Saturn with just a cartridge and no modchip. I assumed he was mistaken and dismissed it, so can't remember what the cart was now (doh). I can try and find out...

For those of you who aren’t in the loop (Or years too late), you can play CD-R games without a Mod Chip. In Chinese stores they previously sold clone cards and other cards (such as the Super Strong Card) that would slow down the CD-ROM drive and allow you to swap with ease. You just follow the onscreen instructions (Some cards were in English, but most in Chinese) and when it tells you to swap, the drive slows down and you just do the swap. It’s pretty simple to do, but with cheap MOD ICs and BIOS IC's there was no need to keep the carts around. Plus it really sucks needing to find a boot disk with a good TOC just to use with the card.

Originally posted by djReflux@Mar 23, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

I used to know a guy about a year ago here in the UK who said he could play CDRs on his Saturn with just a cartridge and no modchip. I assumed he was mistaken and dismissed it, so can't remember what the cart was now (doh). I can try and find out...

Doubt it was true as if it had of happened i think it would have been known which cart could do it by now as many people are still wanting to play backups of their games on the saturn as well development. Im sure if the saturn had become as popular as the playstation some company would have inveneted a cartridge that could play backup games.

Back