A/V Cable - PAL vs NTSC

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

The Landstalker

I am in Australia and have a PAL Genesis 1 (mega drive). My RF output is stuffed and I get a fuzzy picture, but I have found genesis A/V cables on american web sites. I just want to know if there will be any colour/sync issues if I use an american cable.

Thanks!

The Landstalker

Yes, RCA inputs. I don't think there should be a problem either, as it is sending and receiving a PAL signal, I was just worried that the cables might have some kind of booster in them that would be incompatible.

Matt

ExCyber

Staff member
As long as you've got a proper place to plug it in (composite video + left/right audio on RCA jacks), you shouldn't see any problems. It's the encoder and system that determine color/sync format, not the cables. However, if you've got an RGB-capable SCART input, I highly recommend trying to find a cable for that, because it would give the best picture. It seems that Blaze used to make them, but Lik-Sang is "temporarily out of stock", which (knowing Lik-Sang) could mean that it's actually discontinued.

The Landstalker

I do have a SCART input on my TV. I tried making a genesis output to scart connector a few months ago but I stuffed it up :)