A Windows region converter program?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a port like the satconv.exe for DOS that works in Windows ME. My system really has problems running things in a DOS window so any help would be welcome. Thanks

Don't try running the program in a dos window if that's the case, restart your comp. in dos mode. Also...you might want to check out your settings for satconv...have it run in a full window and with fast memory emulation on. If you have any problems still, post back.

koftheworld

The window just ain't gonna work, it displays the options then it's declared finished (maybe dos4exe would help, I'll give that a go). This is kind of embarassing after being brought up with DOS but I have no idea how to get there from Windows ME, you can't restart it in DOS. I think maybe you have to push a particular key whilst booting, I'm not sure.

windows me requires the DOS back up disk to run dos. Just pop that sucker in the floppy drive, reeboot and yor in dos.

No, what you have to do is drag the file you want to convert onto the satconv exe file. Just double clicking does nothing productive.

Yeah, I tried that with dos4gexe to see if it'd help and it said, 'not a valid iso' so I assumed that must be what you got to do. Cheers!

Start > Run > type command and hit enter.

Up pops a dos window that doesn't close until you want it to.

Set it to the proper directory and then run it from there.

If you don't know DOS commands to set it to that directly, well, you're fsckd.

Quote: from Gallstaff on 7:51 pm on Feb. 25, 2002

windows me requires the DOS back up disk to run dos. Just pop that sucker in the floppy drive, reeboot and yor in dos.

Don't listen to him. It's not a DOS backup disk. It's called a BOOT DISK that you should have made IF you installed WinME on your pc. If you didn't, you can create one, but YOU DONT REALLY NEED IT ANYWAYS if you see my previous post about working with DOS.

I've never used SatConv so I don't know how the program works but if you ever need to use DOS for anything, that's how you do it, NOT booting completely into DOS. btw, its not really DOS anyways. It's short quite a few commands to be *true* DOS.

Back