• Rise from your gwave!

About MVS ...

Discussion in 'Retro Video Games' started by Michael Knight, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Michael Knight

Michael Knight New Member

Hi ya, people!

Well, if everything goes well, this weekend I will put my hands on an Neo Aes, (yeah, I´ve been waiting this 12 years) ....

But this ins´t the porpouse of this thread .... Maybe in Xmas I will start building a supergun and I have been looking for some info about MVS ... and what I have found is a "little" mess, or maybe I have understand something, but, which MVS outputs Stereo sound?? I believe that I will buy a 1 slot MVS, but what I have read about those type of MVS wasn´t to clear .... does the 1-slot (old style, not new (mini) output stereo sound??? (Or you could select if you want stereo or mono with some type of jumpers on the MVS board??)

I hope anyone can help me (Arakon?)

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

the old (large) 1-slot MVS has a stereo/mono switch. all multislots are stereo, but without switch. the mini 1-slot is mono-only.

3. Michael Knight

Michael Knight New Member

Ok! Thx!

I have more things to ask ... I saw (2 o 3 days ago) on your site, Arakon, some photos you uploaded of your home made Super Gun, and it looks great! So, I want to ask you something about it ... I know that an old AT power supply should be enough for any jamma board (I need +5, -5 & +12 v) but, it would be a good idea to put togheter (I mean very near) the AT power supply and all the wirings (inside a plastic case the AT, wirings and jamma edge connector)?? or it will generate any "weird" problem (interferences, overheat ,etc ..)

And the last thing, which have you used as case? I mean, the plastic case of your supergun, you have used adapted something .... I´m thinking about a good case for my supergun ... maybe wood ...

4. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

as long as nothing can cause a short and the PSU is open at at least 2 sides and the fan is open (to the outside, it can't point into the case), you should be fine. the case I used is a generic case from an electronics shop.