About Saturn games that turned out to be Dreamcast games...

I have downloaded the Shenmue movie and watched it. (i took some pictures from it, they are on my page). But i also heard that Sonic Adventure and some other Dreamcast games also was being developed for Saturn first. Does anyone knows anything more about this? A screenshot would be great, but i havn´t seen any anywhere, so i guess there aren´t any (yet).

yeah it was called sonic xtreme, it look really good on a saturn system they ditch it during the time they release sonic jam

87 titles is tragic indeed.
flush.gif
Notice that Shenmue is not listed under the Saturn list? Better make that 88.

88 cancelled games for the Saturn??

That's just too depressing :(

Hopefully one day some of them will emerge, as these things sometimes do.

Gooddealgames is about to relase three of those unreleased games. :) If it just was possible to play them normally without modding or swapping.

But many of the games on this : http://www.classicgaming.com/japangaming/b...eleasedSega.htm

list was released! For example :

Hard Core (4X4) (i have it so i know :) )

Viewpoint (cool 3d shootemup)

Contra (this is named something else but it is released)

Return Fire (really great multiplayer strategy game)

Swagman (it was atleast released in Europe)

All those were released.

Well, thats five less. 83 then :)

yeah... i think coz they mentioned the thing about the jap MD games not getting released in the US, maybe its the same for the Saturn games?

either way.. V. Tennis on the saturn woulda been cool... :)

but maybe this was a list that was just bandied around the ideas table... would be good if they had a status ie. pre production, drawing board, programming etc.

Their is another game other then shenmue misssing from the saturn list: Resident Evil 2, the original version was going to be released for it, but after it was canned and started over from scratch the saturn was too dead to hope to get its own version. It is now popularly titled resident evil 1.5

Their have been lots of rumors in the past of their being ways to play the game in RE: code veronica, and other such rumors saying different games had demos of it in them, but I can assure you, none of them are true. I have a compilation of all known information and media for games never released (excluding sports games, and games that came to one system, but got canned for another). I thought seeing as how we are on the subject of RE 1.5, I might as well say that I have 5 video files from the game that came out before it was canned and started over from scratch. From my videos, pictures, and info I have gathered on the game it should have DEFINETLY come out, maybe not as RE2, but it was undoubtably a good continuation to the serieses fantastic track record.

Back