about Street Fighter

Is there a difference between Street Fighter collection and Capcom Generation 5.

Both of them seems to include 3 version of street fighter 2.

And one is 20$ cheaper than the other.

I'm also wondering is Street Fighter alpha 2 is as good as SFA3 ?

AFAIK Street Fighter Collection and Capcom Generations 5 are identical. At least on the Playstation in Europe, Capcom Generations 1-4 were released as one title, and the remaining fifth disc was released as Street Fighter Collection.

As for which SFA is better, depends on who you ask. MasterAkumaMatata will undoubtedly say SFA2 is better, personally I like SFA3 more.

I also prefer SFA 2 to SFA 3.

Also, if I recall correctly Capcom Generations 5 includes SF World Warrior, Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting while the SF collection includes Super SF II, Super SF II Turbo and Super SF II Turbo X. I might be wrong though. Come to theink of it, weren't there SF collection volumes 1 and 2 released??? Now I'm all confused.

I think you are correct in that there are two SF2 collections. There are just too many versions of that damn game!

You can never have enough versions if you ask me
smile.gif

Anyway, I think only one collection was released for Saturn (?)

I think PSX might have both --- I'm not sure.

I like the gameplay of SFA2 more than 3, but 3 has more characters and options. It's a hard decision

Doesn't the Street Fighter Collection have Alpha 2 Gold on it, where Capcom Generations doesn't?

Alpha 3 is probably the most fun for multiplayer with all the characters, but there are quite a few things which really annoy me about it.. like the fact that you can't hit some characters when they're halfway through an attacking animation (Cammy and R.Mika tend to be the worst for this). The characters are ridiculously unbalanced too (read: Dhalsim and Akuma). I prefer Alpha 2 in the Alpha series.

That said, I like the SFIII series more than all the Alphas. It's gone back to being more about skill than who has the most ridiculous super moves, like in the Alpha series.

Street Fighter Collection (PSX, Saturn; 2 discs)
  • Super Street Fighter II (disc 1)
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo (disc 1)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (disc 2)

Street Fighter Collection 2 (PSX only; 1 disc)
  • Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Capcom Generation Vol. 5 (PSX, Saturn (JP only); 1 disc)
  • Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Originally posted by antime+Sep. 26 2002, 7:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Sep. 26 2002, 7:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for which SFA is better, depends on who you ask. MasterAkumaMatata will undoubtedly say SFA2 is better, personally I like SFA3 more.[/b]

Correct, but I like SFA3's music too.

Originally posted by Myname@Sep. 26 2002, 5:17 pm

Doesn't the Street Fighter Collection have Alpha 2 Gold on it, where Capcom Generations doesn't?

Correct.

Originally posted by Myname@Sep. 26 2002, 5:17 pm

Alpha 3 is probably the most fun for multiplayer with all the characters, but there are quite a few things which really annoy me about it.. like the fact that you can't hit some characters when they're halfway through an attacking animation (Cammy and R.Mika tend to be the worst for this). The characters are ridiculously unbalanced too (read: Dhalsim and Akuma). I prefer Alpha 2 in the Alpha series.

Correct.

<!--QuoteBegin-Myname
@Sep. 26 2002, 5:17 pm

That said, I like the SFIII series more than all the Alphas. It's gone back to being more about skill than who has the most ridiculous super moves, like in the Alpha series.[/quote]

Correction: The "Versus" series have the most ridiculous super moves as well as the most ridiculous and ridiculous number of characters.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Sep. 27 2002, 2:10 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Sep. 27 2002, 2:10 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Myname@Sep. 26 2002, 5:17 pm

That said, I like the SFIII series more than all the Alphas. It's gone back to being more about skill than who has the most ridiculous super moves, like in the Alpha series.

Correction: The "Versus" series have the most ridiculous super moves as well as the most ridiculous and ridiculous number of characters.[/b][/quote]

I just prefer the selection of one Super Art to having a few at your disposal, but you're right about the Vs series being the most ridiculous.. Then again, I'd say it's supposed to be ridiculous and they are great fun.

Incidentally, I've been weighing up starting a site dedicated to Street Fighter, with other stuff like Darkstalkers and the vs series since I've never been able to find a site that I liked about Street Fighter..

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior

Street Fighter II - Champion Edition

Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting Edition

If these are the 3 you mean, the first one (The World Warrior) was just the original with 8 [i think?] characters. Champion Edition came along with the addition of the bosses (M. Bison, Vega, Sagat, and Balrog). I believe the only difference between that and the turbo edition is the ability to change the speed. Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Unabommer@Oct. 09 2002, 12:43 pm

I believe the only difference between that and the turbo edition is the ability to change the speed. Hope it helps.

The introduction of Air Hurricane kicks and Zangiefs turbo spinning larriet were also introduced in SF2 Turbo.. Chunli also got a slow fireball.. quite a few things were different other than more speed..

Back