About the 3d analogue controller...

Shitface

Established Member
Why does the controller disconnect from the cord? Was sega planning on releasing something else for the saturn? Like a rumblepack to plug in the controller or something?

Only thing I've read about was a planned IR wireless system, which never materialized.

Yeah, they were planning to use it with a NiGHTs sequel that never came out, which supposedly would have had you moving the controller itself around in order to control NiGHTs.

isnt aforementioned Nights sequel known as Burning Rangers? I know it aint got the motion sensor thing in it but I heard it was planned.

No, it wasn't Burning Rangers (although it's possible that they planned to use the device for that as well), I think it was going to be called Air NiGHTs or something to that effect - can't remember exactly.

I wonder why Sega never did a sequel to Nights. :huh

Or a new game to Dreamcast or one of the new consoles. Why great games sometimes never get a sequel? :damn:

Also Sega is affraid that by now a new Nights game will not meet anyone's expectations (and they're probably right) so releasing one would be bad for their image. Besides Nights never did that well in the first place.

Nights was obviously a labor of love. A very well crafted, fun game. Why it didn't sell well in the US is one of these videogames enigmas. <_<

I don't know how well it did in Japan though. :unsure:

I remember hearing a reason from sega in some interview, but I can't remember what it is now.

I guess that sega should have very good reasons to ignore the idea of a sequel:

Also Sega is affraid that by now a new Nights game will not meet anyone's expectations (and they're probably right)

Probably this should be one of the reasons.

Originally posted by SegaTecToy@Nov 19, 2003 @ 05:05 PM

I wonder why Sega never did a sequel to Nights. :huh

Or a new game to Dreamcast or one of the new consoles. Why great games sometimes never get a sequel? :damn:

What Sega games other than Sonic and maybe Virtua Fighter actually "did well"?

Well I thought I remembered reading that they started developement on it, but I don't think they made it very far before the plug was pulled on it.

Yeah, and Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, etc. but we all knew that. ;) (I'd add Shinobi...best series ever.. except people would disagree with me heh)

Actually, I think Sega has had at least as many 'big-name' hits as Nintendo has, and they've definitely racked up more top arcade games than anyone else.

Back