About the server move

Hi, I'm kinda new here.
This is just a suggestion but.. it seems like most of the posts regarding the move to the new server are dated 2005. Maybe someone could make a progress report thread, perhaps with some dates on when it'll be finished (doesn't matter if it's months from now). Updates might keep people from insisting about it or requesting stuff you're already working on.

I just requested the F-Zero GX soundtrack on the request thread, but I don't know if an admin's gonna come out and be like "WE'RE MOVING THE FILES ALREADY, BE PATIENT!!!" or something like that. If I knew it was coming up, I'd have no problem waiting. Anyway, thanks.

If the site had 1000 visitors per day or even per month I would do it. Currently ICEMAN2K has the F-Zero GX OST but I have the server. So he has to find time to put it up THEN I have to post it, etc etc. And you're the only one requesting it. Not saying your not important, but I'm pretty busy w/ schoolwork. I'll try and get to it As soon as I can. On the music page (left side menu) it tells you which soundtracks are online and which are offline INCASE you were wondering.

Ok, thanks for replying. I understand about it being alot of work and the site not recieveing many visitors, it's just that all the news I could find was so old.

Another suggestion.. I created a thread about game audio files. I don't know if you're very familiar with them, the point is, since the site is busy moving around entire soundtracks and doing server work, perhaps you could try to focus towards actual CD soundtracks from current generation games and, at least for the time being, direct people looking for previous-generation game music to the audio files. It might relieve the requests a bit and you'd have something to give priority to.

Again, thanks for replying.

Yea I do know very well about Game Audio files. Although the file size is much smaller, it's a big drag trying to get them to a more palatable format like mp3. Basically, all you can do w/ it is listen to it on ur PC. Ipod = no. CD for the car = no. CD Player = no. I'm fully aware there are ways to convert but in all honesty it's quite a drag and not worth the effort, hence this site. Just come, download, and listen. No need for extra players, plugins etc. Webspace isn't a big issue, I have lots. It's the time that I don't have to get to requests, look for them, upload them, post them etc.

Yeah, I agree that it can be somewhat of a pain converting to MP3. The way I see it is, though, finding game music MP3s online isn't always easy so you have to spend time one way or another, either looking around for it and downloaing or converting from the game formats. I've felt converting's worth the effort, but that's me.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion for when you have to decide what to work on. Thanks for your time. :)

Actually you just drag and drop the files in nero and it will automatically burn them no matter what file I have it as, ogg, mp3, aac, wmv, or whatever.

Nero rocks.

Hey IceMan, great to see you! We were just talking about my looking for the F-Zero GX soundtrack.. you happen to know anyone who might have it? I'm willing to trade for it and everything...

About the game music files: they're nothing like MP3s, ogg, wma, none of the standard audio types. They're completely different files which only play on specific player applications that are based on the emulated audio processors. It's possible to convert the sound to MP3 but that's through the player applications themselves.

Wow really, you do? What a wild coincidence!
If you'd like to trade and have some way of uploading, let me know. We could also send through gmail too, if that's ok with you.

Back