Acclaim and their crazy ad campaigns

You would have thought paying actors to change thier name to Turok and having a man camp outside a shop for 3 weeks to buy Turok(which on his tent he spelt wrong 'Turoc' ) would be madness enough. Alas NO!Here in the UK, Acclaim have offered to pay any speeding fines on October 11th. It is the latest in thier bizarre line of advertising stunts. This time if is for the game Burnout 2. Suffice to say, anti speed campaigners are NOT happy!

In other words, on October 11th, get in your car, get out on the roads and let rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!(to within ~20mph over the speed limit as Acclaim cannont get you out of a court appearance )

Good god! If you live in England and speed on October 11th... THEY will pay for you!

Great just what the freeways need...

Anyway, all the reviews I've read said the new turok pretty much sucks. Why they hyping it so much?

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct. 01 2002, 7:14 pm

Great just what the freeways need...

Anyway, all the reviews I've read said the new turok pretty much sucks. Why they hyping it so much?

They don't seem to care how good the game is... as long as it sells, which it has..

I've played it, it has fun moments like blasting atree to make it fall on something, but it's really shit other than that...

its a sad world we live in.

people will buy anything if it has a cool commercial

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@Oct. 02 2002, 5:47 pm

Good god! If you live in England and speed on October 11th... THEY will pay for you!

Like fuck they will. As all their previous campaigns this will be a scam and a cheap way of getting publicity. If someone is dumb enough to take them up on their offer they'll have some legalese at hand or just say "sorry, we didn't sign a contract". If said dweeb raises a stink they'll just get another round of free publicity. (Any person in the news on Oct 12th claiming Acclaim paid their fines will be a paid actor. Just like all the others.)

Originally posted by [LoRd

JigA_Zer0,Oct. 02 2002, 12:09 pm]frankly, Acclaim sucks, im sorry, but i dont know one hit accliam game, and their biggest franchise, turok sucks hardcore.

My wife and I like Revolt for the DC, but that's all I can think of.

have u guys even hit "that time in your life...." yet? maybe u have heard of a game called NBA jam? reconise?

but anyways, I think acclaim has sucked since the 16-bit days. Turok 1 was cool.....

NBA Jam sucked, it was a decent game, and when it got popular accliam tried to make a million more versions of it, all in all it become a gay, over-rated and disturbingly under-made game.

Lets see... midway make NBA Jam/NBA Jam TE/NBA Jam Extreme/NBA Hangtime (The only good versions of it) Acclaim have the home rights... milk it and boom... Midway are left making Hoopz, Hitz and Blitz (Far supirior games) and Acclaim have the jam liscense.... which they suck at

I like Burnout to be fair... just nothing else... even being the wrestling nut I am, their wrestling sucks ???

Original NBA Jam was Midway, not Acclaim. Acclaim was merely the publisher for the home versions, and was only a publisher until a few years ago when it bought (or at least bought significant chunks of) several development companies (Iguana, Probe, Sculptured Software, and Bovis House), now under the name of "Acclaim Studios". It seems that Acclaim now controls the "NBA Jam" name, but NBA Jam/Hangtime/Showtime were developed by Midway.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Oct. 02 2002, 5:31 pm

Original NBA Jam was Midway, not Acclaim. Acclaim was merely the publisher for the home versions, and was only a publisher until a few years ago when it bought (or at least bought significant chunks of) several development companies (Iguana, Probe, Sculptured Software, and Bovis House), now under the name of "Acclaim Studios". It seems that Acclaim now controls the "NBA Jam" name, but NBA Jam/Hangtime/Showtime were developed by Midway.

yeah just like Acclaim put out Headhunter for PS2

Even though Sega produced the game

Originally posted by racketboy+Oct. 02 2002, 3:05 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Oct. 02 2002, 3:05 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ExCyber@Oct. 02 2002, 5:31 pm

yeah just like Acclaim put out Headhunter for PS2

Even though Sega produced the game[/b][/quote]

And some Swedish dev team developed it
wink.gif

Back