Action Replay 4 in 1 plus not Saving

I recently bought an Action Replay 4 in 1 plus and every time I try to save a cheat code or transfer a save file to the cartridge the system just crashes :( , has anyone else had this problem and if so is there anyway I can fix it

Thanks

Mine does that too. I claim shitty programming and just don't try to save anything to it. Region free+whatever codes it already has onboard will have to do despite not having anything for Resident Evil and NiGHTS.

hmm

last time I entered PDS boot up cheat I saw no problem there? For saving I use normal backup memory cart never trysting save feature of AR4-1

cheers

I claim shitty programming

It's far more likely to be an issue of bad hardware or corrupted flash, considering that most people manage to use the exact same code just fine.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I do use an official cart to save my games with but it was mainly the cheat codes that I wanted to get working, is there anyway to fix it or would it be far easier to just buy another

It depends on what's wrong. If the firmware is just corrupted for some reason then reflashing it might get it going again, but I wouldn't recommend it because if there's some underlying hardware problem it will likely screw up the functions that do work.

I have heard varios reasons for this

1:) Incompatiblity between cartridge and saturns firmware.

2:) Cartridge slot is bad meaning cartridge and saturn arent connecting together properly. Sometimes not inserting cartridge all the way can fix this.

Originally posted by Quakester2000@Sat, 2005-01-08 @ 04:40 PM

1:) Incompatiblity between cartridge and saturns firmware.

[post=127334]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a JAP Victor saturn, wonder if that could be the problem then

Could be who knows, I have a JP gray model 1 the cart slot is clean and fully working the only problem with the AR+ 4in1 is the saving.

I have a JAP Victor saturn, wonder if that could be the problem then

I haven't looked at any of the code that manages saves. I'm pretty sure the BIOS provides a standardized API/ABI for save management, though it's possible that the AR firmware bypasses that...

I've had problems with mine crashing when my Saturn's battery was low, although that would probably only explain problems copying from the system to the cart. Might be worth a shot unless you know you have a fresh battery, though. Other than that, try reseating the cart.

Mine will allow me to backup saves, but putting them onto the saturn makes me impatient so I don't let it finish, assuming that it ever will. 5 minutes is far too long to wait. I can use its cheating ability just fine, just saving things takes forever and I tend not to want to wait past 2 or 3 minutes for most things.

Back