Action Replay for CDRs?

I heard that an Action Replay 4-in-1 cart will let you play burned games and imports, even if you don't mod your system. Is that true? And will it let you play burned imports?

No. You still need to mod/swap to play burned anything.

Has been answered many times before.

Let me guess, you must've read it from some online store trying to sell these carts, right? Well, words can be misleading sometimes. What they left out is that you'll still need to perform the swap trick with the cart plugged in so that you can play burned import games. The Pro Action Replay carts are not substitutes for modboards although their 4-in-1 or 5-in-1 (or whatever they like to call it) features do work on burned games. As said before, these carts just make it easier to perform the swap trick when plugged into the Saturn because they break the steps down to perform the swap trick.

Originally posted by liquidcross@Aug. 22 2002, 8:38 pm

I heard that an Action Replay 4-in-1 cart will let you play burned games and imports, even if you don't mod your system. Is that true? And will it let you play burned imports?

I actually heard it from a friend of mine. Weird. But just to be safe, I had ordered a mod board and an Action Replay cart. The cart came in yesterday...now I'm just waiting on the mod board, and the Saturn itself.
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys!

Back